Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Waterskiing Trip

One of the highlights of the trip to Lake Mead was helping Carli ski. She was so excited to try that she demanded she go first. It was hilarious. She made two attempts and in her mind she was so close to getting up she practically did. From our perspective she did a nose dive as soon as she yelled "hit it". Her skis flew off instantly, but she held on submerged under water for a few seconds until she realized she was simply dragging and swallowing a lot of water. It was a lot of fun to be in the water with her though. I kept telling her just to take deep breaths and relax because she was shaking she was so nervous. Every person who went after her she would just scream out to them to breath deep and relax and they'll get right up. She is a riot and I love her so much.

Here I am enjoying an epic day on the lake.


We got so lucky and the water was glass both days. I love Lake Mead!!


Here I am attempting to jump both wakes. It didn't happen.


For some reason while I am skiing water pelts me really hard on my leg, just on this one side. Here are the bruises to show for it.


The trip was so much fun. I didn't decide to go until last minute, but I am so glad I did. I hadn't been waterskiing for four years so it was definitely time for me to remember how much I love it.




6 comments:

Sarah said...

Seriously such a fun trip! It was so good to see you for a few days. Can't wait til we get to hang out again!

Mands Glenn said...

YOu are so Hardcore! Looked like so much fun. There is nothing better than being out on the water. Love it!

Heather said...

Looks like everyone had fun! Carli cracks me up. Your bruises look awful!

Hepworths said...

Becky, jumping the wake?!!!! You seriously have some air there. You're amazing and you look GReAT. When are you going to be in Utah already? Come. I think we need a tortilla flat reunion.

S.A.S. said...

You bruise like a peach Bex! I'm glad you have a Dr. for a husband:) I LOVE Carli - she is continutally fun, lively and hilarious. And I love that you two have eachother for sisters.

I also love you and want to chat & catch up. Let me find my phone and get to that...

Rachel and Todd said...

You look so great! Like a pro, so calm and graceful! Are you and Zac going to Utah for Christmas? I hope so!