Thursday, August 7, 2008

One Week

It's been a full week and we're still home.  We count our blessings everyday we don't have to go back to the hospital.  We had a little scare last Sunday, but fortunately ended up not having to go into the ER.  Other than being home, not  much is going on.  That is pretty much all I do these days, stay home.  I sleep in until about 11:00 am, sometimes shower, take lots of naps, try to eat and then go to bed at about 8:00 pm.  I've never been one to require that much sleep so this is a little strange for me.  I figure the more time I am asleep the less time I feel miserable.  I can't believe how long it takes to recover from surgery.  I  guess just being in the hospital for a month kind of disconnected me from reality.  

I sort of feel like all I talk about is all my problems so I am going to make a list of things that I am grateful for and that make me happy right now.  Cheesy, I know but here it goes:

1.  My own bed with my own pillow, sheets and blanket.
2.  Air conditioning
3.  My PATIENT husband
4.  The gospel of course
5.  I never thought I'd say this... Oprah 
6.  Ice water
7.  Heating pads
8.  Pain medicine
9.  The internet
10.  Good friends
11.  Ummm. that's all for now

9 comments:

ashley said...

glad your still home. oprah? love it. i used to catch myself watching her at the gym! thank goodness for pain medication.

oh, and would you mind emailing me your address?
moffat949atgmaildotcom

S Semon said...

Hey Beck-
I am glad you are still home and still doing good---Let me know if you want visitors next week since I will be home! Today is my last day of work!

Criscell said...

It was so good to see you the other day! I think you're handling all this so well and staying so positive about everything. Way to go, girl! Promise me you'd let me know if there was anything I could do for you...besides visit, which I will do again soon.

S.A.S. said...

I want to be a visitor! It's KILLING me to know that I could be watching movies and Oprah WITH you, but instead am looking at unpacked boxes in my apt, and reading your blog. I got your fantastic gift when I arrived home from Dallas today. Still thinking of everyone but yourself... thank you!
I'll be in AZ in October for work(golf tournament). It's not soon enough, but let's look forward!
Love you and hope you're feeling better every day! (so so happy you have Zac)

Stephanie Brinton said...

Becky,
I just read up on your "fun" summer vacation. I am glad everything is going well now. Just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you and will pray for a quick recovery.

Lillie said...

Thought of you a lot while we were in Provo. Eating all sorts of Becky food. We missed you. I sure hope you REALLY are feeling a little better.

Sarah said...

I know you meant to put your loving and supportive family on your list of things you are grateful for! I heard you are back in the hospital- I am so sorry. You really don't deserve all of this. I love you!

Missy said...

You're not! Don't tell me Sarah is right when she says you are BACK in the hospital. Oh Becky, I'm so so sorry that you've been this sick. Know that I'm praying for you too!

Helen said...

Becky! I'm glad I found you. I'm sorry to read you are having health issues. That does not sound fun.