Friday, August 1, 2008

We're Home!!!

Here is the board that we would write my goals on, my nurse's name, the date and the doctor on call.  Pretty exciting stuff!
I had too many sweet friends concerned for me as this picture shows my struggle with carrying on two conversations at one time.  Not an easy task.
                  This is the face I would make when the pain would start getting worse.
My sweet mom came twice to visit and just be there for moral support.  My mother-in-law also came for a while.  They will never know how much that meant to me.
          Here is a picture with my two friends Criscell and Alyssa and their cute little girls.
I thought I'd prepare anyone who may come for a visit so they know what to expect.  I look really bad, actually a lot worse than I feel thankfully.

According to Zac our summer vacation has finally begun.  It is 10:30 in the morning and we are already on our second LMN movie for the day.  We are just hanging out on our living room.  Zac is eating peanut M&M's and feels totally justified staying in his pajama's all day.  He has been so sweet catering to all my needs, cleaning out my throw up bins, getting me food, monitoring my feeding tube and anything else I can think to ask him.  We got home from the hospital yesterday afternoon, ordered a pizza and cherished our freedom of our own couch and TV.  We just pray we don't end up back there for a long time.  I slept so well last night, in my own bed.  It's amazing how much you appreciate the little things when they are taken away from you for a little while.  

Thank you to all our friends and family for being so supportive through this whole adventure.  We would have never made it through with out all your phone calls and visits.  We feel so blessed to have so many close loved ones nearby.  We are here now in our cozy apartment and welcome any visitors.  

14 comments:

ashley said...

see, you do make that feeding tube work!

wish we were closer so we could come say hi! glad your home and getting the rest that you need- enjoy the rest of your summer! and you look great for all that you have been through!

S Semon said...

Hey Beck-
We are so glad to have our neighbors back! I hopey ou get to stay there for a good little while!

Ben and Teri said...

I'm so glad that you are finally home. We missed having you around. Hopefully we'll get to come and see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! You're home!! So glad you can finally relax a bit in your own house! Don't worry about watching too much LMN...I'm convinced it's for us when we have to stay in bed! :) Take care and hopefully I'll see ya soon!

Holly said...

How awesome of a friend am I...NOT AWESOME!!! Just punch me. Hopefully I can make it up to you and come visit sometime this week. I'm just glad you're home.

Bethany said...

Glad you're doing better Becky! We've been praying for you! Hopefully it's smoother from here on out!!

Missy said...

SO glad you are home and please tell me that you won't have to go back for a long while Becky! You still look great and watching movies all day with candy in your pajamas? Sounds lovely.

Our Family said...

Yeah! I'm so happy your home.
Halle asks about you everyday. She always talks about how Becky's tummy is hurt and the nurse has to take care of her. I'll tell her your feeling better.

Heather said...

Good to see that you're back home and feeling better. I hope you're able to enjoy the remainder of the summer with your hubby! You've had a rough couple of months and we've been thinking about you the whole time. Hope to see you in the fall sometime, maybe at your parents house or Sarah's or something :).

Sarah said...

So glad that you are finally home and that you are feeling better. I wish you lived here so that I could just come over and hang out. I'll try to look up flights and see if I can come out there sometime soon. Hang in there- it'll all be worth it in the end. Love you!

Lillie said...

Why is it that you can spend like a month in the hospital (more?) be throwing up, post surgery, in tons of pain, dealing with a feeding tube (what?) and still a couple of movies in the morning and your fun, light personality makes your life sound great! I find myself constantly thinking "Zac must feel so lucky that he gets to hang out with her all the time... lucky to be the guy she wants to watch movies with all day"--- I sure hope you feel RAPIDLY better. You really deserve to be over this.

And we missed you SO Much at Sarah's wedding.

Criscell said...

Yippee!!!!! SOOOOO glad you are finally HOME!!! I sure hope you don't have to go back for a VERY long time! Can't wait to come see you. Sorry we played phone tag yesterday. I'll try and call you again so we can get together. What can I bring you? Does any food sound good?

Meggan said...

Oh Becky, I know what you're going through. It's hard to think about it right now, especially since you don't have any kids yet, but it's SO WORTH IT. Trust. You really will look back on this and say to yourself that you would do anything for your kids. You're just proving yourself worthy as a mother very early on.

Who knows why some have to sacrifice more to get their kiddos down here, but some of us just do. I'm thinking of you and hope that something, anything sounds good within the next couple weeks.

Ask about the picc line. And the TPN. It looks a ton more comfortable than that thing up your nose!

Frei Family said...

Glad to see that you are home!! I hope things are going well and you are enjoying your time at home!! We have been gone the last couple weeks- ill call you when we get back!