Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Friendly VIsit

My dear friend Sarah came to visit with her husband and new little baby daughter, Julia.  She is so cute.  I just want to eat her up.  There is no better feeling than having a baby asleep in your arms.  I can't wait!!  Zac and Paul, Sarah's hubby, finally got to meet.  They've been best friends for a while, just never had the chance to meet each other until this weekend.  Well Sarah and I believed they would be best friends and I think we were right.  Paul amused Zac by not only watching Bear Gryles with him, but acting amused as well.  He is a criminal defense attorney and entertained us one night with interesting/sad stories from his experiences.  We had a great time, there was only one problem though, they didn't stay long enough.  

Does he look like a natural?  We don't have much time to get Zac ready for newbornhood.  He will catch on fast I'm sure.  We just need to do some diaper training and crying tolerance and I think we're set.

What I have to look forward to in just a few short months.  Is this not the most precious moment ever?  Sarah was born to be a mother.  She is already a pro and her daughter is only two months.  She has that magical touch no one else has.  She's got a bounce that puts that baby to sleep in a wink of an eye.  I have a lot to live up to.

This was taken at our church just as they were getting ready to leave.  I really didn't want to have to hand Julia over, but they weren't going for my idea of leaving her behind with us.  

It was just as hard to say goodbye to Julia as it was to Sarah who've I've known for nearly a decade.  That's just how fast mine and Julia's connection happened.  

Thanks for coming and staying with us Mickelsens.  We can't wait for our trip to Vegas in April  We'll meet at the Rio buffet at 5:30.  Don't let us down now.  That is a joke unfortunately.  We just had to have some kind of plans made to ease the sadness of their departure.  A get away to Vegas was what we came up with.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

So fun that you got to spend the weekend with Sarah and her family! Love all of the pictures.

Are you still coming down with your friends? I'm excited to see "pregnant" Becky!!!

Lillie said...

I feel like we're playing pass-the-sarah. I love it. She's coming tonight!!! I only wish we could all be in one house together. Seriously--- wanna drive out? We've got room!

Missy said...

I just had her for 1.5 days and LOVED it. Oh, I miss her and that baby already! Adorable...all of them. When will the Mickelsen's move west? Maybe we can convince them.

I can't see your belly though. Where are those babies?!

SMALL and TALL said...

Becky CONGRATS!!!! I just stopped by to check out your blog and see that you are prego! So wonderful and exciting and you r having twins.... very exciting! you look great!

S.A.S. said...

Becky - we miss you! I think Paul might be sneaking episodes of Man vs. Wild, and is totally man-smitten with Zac. Julia misses falling asleep on you. And I miss the late night talks and eating treats while reminiscing old times and talking babies! I still can't believe you have TWO on the way!!! Can't wait to see you as a loving mother - you'll be so great. I got the twins something cuuuute, and need to send. Now I just have to come when they're out so I can meet them....
Love you!