Sunday, March 14, 2010

This Weekend

Zac and I had a fun weekend.  We went to see the movie "Remember Me."  We both surprisingly liked it.  It got mixed reviews so we went into to it with low expectations.  Those are usually the movies we enjoy the most.  We realized on Friday night that our date nights with out kids or finding a babysitter are coming to an end soon.  We decided we better take advantage of the next few months and squeeze in as many movies as we can.  We also went to the temple and Cafe Rio and Bahama Bucks afterwards.  For those of you who aren't familiar with Bahama Bucks it's a really good shaved ice joint.  While we were there Max Hall, (former BYU quarterback) walked in.  Zac was pretty stoked.  He was too chicken to say anything to him though.

Here is just a random picture of Sunday dinner.  Nachos- I know, I should cook more often. Actually, this picture is for our friend Aaron.  I had to do it because he always makes fun of Zac for taking a bite of something in all his pictures.  I think he just feels more comfortable eating than smiling for the camera.

Here's Zac showing off his Yahtzee game card.  He doesn't beat me very often so when he does he likes to show it off.  

Here I am with my belly.  I am no question showing a lot now.  I am 23 weeks this thursday.  It seems like the last two weeks my stomach just exploded with babies.  They are both measuring about ten days ahead of schedule.  Hopefully they keep it up in case I deliver early, they can still be big and healthy.  I weighed 10.2 lbs. when I was born, and so far it looks like my babies will probably take after me.  

Hands down (no pun intended) , the best part of pregnancy is resting things on my belly.  I can just relax my arms and hold a huge big gulp with no hands.  I can also hold jars of peanut butter and bowls of popcorn.  I am really enjoying being pregnant now that I am not so sick.  I am having issues with maternity clothes though- I HATE THEM!!  The pants with the big band make me feel like I'm wearing a Spanx or a girdle, neither of which I wear when I am not pregnant so why would I want to start now?  My regular pants obviously don't fit me and the rubber band trick so does not work for me.  I am pretty much limited to sweat pants or elastic waste grandma pants.  Any suggestions expert maternity clothes wearers?  I need help.  I always wanted to be a super cute pregnant girl with an adorable wardrobe like everyone else I see, but I just can't make it happen I'm afraid.  Maybe next time I'll get it together a little better.

Anyways, the weekend was a fun one and I am already excited for next weekend.  Have a fabulous week!

12 comments:

Jennie said...

You could try stretchy jersey knit type skirts that can go right up to under your belly or even go up a little on your belly and then buy really long t-shirts. That worked great for me when pants were annoying the heck out of me. Both the skirt and t-shirt were usually NOT maternity, but just a larger size in women's.

Also, I loved dresses like this:
http://www.downeastbasics.com/oceanfrontdress.aspx

Cute and comfy!

Here's one that can work as a skirt when the waistband is folded over.
http://www.downeastbasics.com/atlanticskirt.aspx

Cute t-shirts that are maternity can be found here. Actually they have cute other clothes too:

http://www.2chix.com/products/maternity_tees/index.asp

Hope that helps! It's so important to continue to feel beautiful while pregnant, so I totally understand! Glad you aren't sick anymore!

Helen said...

Rachel (Greene) Stones sells maternity jeans and pants and shirts for tall people. rgmaternity.com

erin said...

Ha ha! Seriously I love that last pic...and sorry I have no advice for being cute while pregnant. I am totally unfashionable even when i'm not pregs. You look great.

Lindsey said...

Cute belly pic. But you are always cute. I don't have any tips on maternity pants. I'm usually pretty miserable in those things. When I have been pregnant, I usually wear sweat pants unless Benson is coming home from work or I have to run errands. Pretty pathetic, but it's so much more comfortable that way.

Wendy said...

Yeah, good luck with that one! Being fashionable and pregnant is always a hard one to master. Even if you think someone looks cute when they're pregnant, chances are they feel like crap about themselves. Unfortunately, it's kind of a lose/lose situation. One thing I always did though, because I HATED the stretchy waist too, was buy cute pants in a bigger size. Then I'd wear them really low or use the rubber band trick. Tie it through the button hole and then stretch the other side around the button. This is awesome because no one can see that your pants aren't done up and you feel a lot better about life wearing normal people clothes. You look great though!

The J J Glenn Family said...

AHhh you look fabulous! I would just stick with dresses and skirts. They are the best and especially with the heat coming up you don't want to put on pants. Old Navy is having a big sale on sundresses and stretchy skirts that aren't maternity that should work. I just bought one and have to go home and stick my pillow under it to see if it will work 5 months down the road. I can't tell you how excited we are for you guys. AHhhhh 2 babies coming soon. I need to come to your shower whenever you are having one. k!

Nachos are a family favorite on Sunday. yummmmy!

Lillie said...

Every time I check your blog I feel that feeling like I'm being left out of something fun. Like I want to come over to your house and just HANG-- and eat. And watch tv with you and Zac. Strange how I've met him once at your wedding for like 5 seconds but he just looks like that guy we all know--- so cute and nice and easy. I feel excited for your kids--- I have a feeling your house is always going to feel good.

I'm so so excited for you and your twins Beck. xo

oh ps--- Lacy's in labor!

Criscell said...

What are you talking about?! You ARE a super cute pregnant woman! I think your clothes always look awesome on you! You could make anything look great. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Aaron said...

Hey Zac, super awesome picture of nachos. I can't tell if you're eating them or just showing them off. Next time, make sure your mouth is open and you're holding the food closer to your mouth. Then I won't have to guess next time. But seriously, super awesome pic. Yessss.

Aaron

Trent and Kim said...

I don't think I have any super advice for pregnancy clothes, but I have used gaps maternity pants because they come in long and I get the low panel or no panel because I hate things on my stomach. I am a week behind you and I am not having tons of luck finding cute clothes.

I plan on wearing tons of skirts and dresses because it will be HOT. Congrats on a boy and girl, that will be so perfect! You look great, I love all your dresses. Are they maternity?

Sarah said...

You are very cute pregnant and you always look fashionable. I wouldn't waste too much money on maternity clothes that you are only going to wear for a few months of your life. It's not worth it!

Rachel and Todd said...

Glad to hear the babes are growing like they should! You look great. You always do. Honestly, I liked the pants with the stretch-over-the-belly panel--once I got big enough for them to fit. At first they were totally weird but soon enough it was nice to have the panel because it kept my pants up! I do think though that dresses are the way to go. Nice and comfy but cute, too.