Sunday, February 25, 2007

Blog Initiation!!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Blog Initiation!
February 24, 2007


I can not believe I have just become a blogger. I always thought there was so much more involved in creating a blog than just three simple clicks. I hope I do not regret what I have just created. I just recently read an interesting article about computer addictions and how it really is becoming a serious concern. Knowing me, I will become an addict.

At first i thought blogs were kind of lame, to be honest. But they are really quite fun. First I think I must confess to many of you, I have been reading about your lives with out you even knowing. I am sorry if you feel violated in any way. I appreciate your diligence in keeping your lives updated for all to enjoy.

A little about myself. I am currently living in one of the warmest states in the U.S. and could not be happier, Arizona. My husband, Zac, and I are in a city called Peoria. It is a suburb of Phoenix. The sunsets are breathtaking. I crave them. my favorite part of the day is from 6:00 pm until about 7:15 pm. We have found a miraculous place we can view the enitre valley. It is on top of a little mountain that only takes fifteen minutes to hike. It is there that we love to admire the beautiful, and often times spiritual sunset. I can not believe what an amazing world we live in. We are so lucky!

I just got a job at the Cheesecake Factory. Quite a leap in my career, I know, from two years at Brick Oven. Initially, I thought working at Cheesecake would be fun simply because I really like their food. Then I got hired and before I knew it I was back in school practically. Training classes went from eight in the morning until five at night. Are you kidding me? I just have to serve food to people and now I am required to pass three different tests evaluating my knowledge of over 250 menu items, over 60 alcoholic beverages, 38 cheesecakes and about fifteen other desserts. I am so sick of studying flashcards of Chicken Madeira and White Chocolate Rasperry Truffle Cheesecake, and Zac is sick of quizzing me. My tests are in a couple of days. Cross my fingers I pass the first time so I can be done with such nonsense. It has been fun to get to sample lots of different foods for free. Zac and I practically get a free meal from there every night. Not too shabby. I never cook anymore. It has seriously been over a month since I cooked anything more complicated than frozen Chimichangas and cereal. Why do something when you don't have to, right?

Zac just accepted a job at Walgreen's Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Tech. It was either that or IN-N-OUT. Seriously, he had interviews at both places today. When he was offered the job at the pharmacy he decided it may be a bit more applicable for medical school and his future as a doctor. He is pretty excited to learn all about drugs. I was kind of sad he wasn't going to be able to bring home cheeseburgers, but I suppose I will still be supportive. He will work there until he starts school in August. Until then, we will both just work, work, work so we can be a tiny bit less in debt when he starts school.

I was right. I am already hooked, addicted, call it what you may, but I think I am going to have a lot og fun with this whole blog thing. I just have one question I need answered before I sign off, now that I am an official blogger and all, why is it called a blog? I don't get it.

Last thing- I owe a thank you to my dearest friend since the fifth grade, Missy, for being so kind and inviting me to this whole new world of communication.

Till next time.

Posted by beckyfreestone at 1:09 AM 6 comments

2 comments:

S.A.S. said...

Becky! I'm totally out of order again, hello... just commented on the ice skating entry first. But WELCOME again. You know what this means? You're going to have to start commenting on our blogs:) You'll start to learn how fun it is to see who visits and love that it's a way to keep in touch. And for the record Missy, you should definitely be getting some kind of kick-back or finders fee from these blog companies, as you're single-handedly converting the masses to the world of blogging. Impressive.

Love you Bex!

Trevor and Summer said...

Becky--I dont know if you remember me but I was in your ward at BYU- Summer (was Anderson) now Heid. I lived in the Sunshine house with all the AZ girls. My husband and Missy's husband are cousins, that's how I found your blog. I am from Glendale/Peoria area and am so excited you are living there. I just moved to Portland and miss the sunshine! Just wanted to say hi!