Sunday, February 25, 2007

Second Thoughts

It just took me seriously two hours to figure out how to write a new post. I am kind of embarrassed to admit it took me this long, but I feel like I need to let everyone know the level of my dedication to blogging. I am really excited I finally figured it out however. I was starting to think maybe this isn't the best activity for me, but right then, bam!! It worked suddenly. I guess blog.com, or whatever it's called, didn't want to get rid of me so fast. So I have recovered and I am ready to report.

I was really hating all the studying I had to do the past week for my lamo job, but i have to tell you something. I kind of miss that exhilerating feeling you get when you have worked hard and done well on a test. Unfortunately there was no flashing congratualtions on a big screen, but I pictured it and it was almost as exciting. Anyways, that was a round about way of saying, I passed my tests and I am now an official server at The Cheesecake Factory. If you have any questions about the menu, decide to start drinking alcohol, or need to gain fifty pounds on a cheesecake diet, I am your woman. In fact I think I will make a top ten list for all to enjoy. I noticed a comment from Meggan stating her unsatisfaction with her last couple of visits. I would like to assure that doesn't happen again because at The Cheesecake Factory it is all about the guest. SMILE- show sincerity, manage it, individualize it, lead by example, and empathize. Yeah, that is was I learned and what I will now be practicing everyday at work.

Becky's Top Ten Favorites at The Cheesecake Factory:

1. Jamaican Black Pepper Shrimp (not even that spicy)
2. Chicken and Biscuits (heavenly)
3. Shrimp and Bacon Club
4. BBQ Chicken Pizza
5. BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
6. Chinese Chicken Salad
7. The Cuban Sandwich
8. Chicken Madeira
9. Double BBq Bacon Cheeseburger (it's two feet tall!)
10. Fresh Fish Tacos

Appetizers:

1. Hot Spinach and Cheese Dip
2. Tex Mex Egg Rolls
3. Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes

Desserts:

1. Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake (i had to remember that beastly name)
2. Fresh Banana Cream Cheesecake
3. Chocolat Mousse Cheesecake
4. Linda's Fudge Cake
5. Lemoncello Cream Torte

Alcoholic Beverages:

JUST KIDDING!!! On the day of training where we had to taste all the drinks, no one could belive I had never tasted alcohol. They were all trying to tell me there wasn't alcohol in some of the smoothies so I would drink them. I felt like I was in high school again. It actually felt good to stand up for what I believe in. They already call me the mormon girl.

I am sorry if that list is a little lengthy. I still haven't even tried everything yet. I will keep you posted as I discover new delicious menu items. Please give me feedback if you try any of these suggestions.

Sorry again for talking about work this whole time. It is all I have been doing the last two weeks and so it is all still pretty fresh in my mind, and unfortunately, my stomach still.

Another confession- I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures. I know, a new post without a picture is like receiving a wedding announcement with no picture. All that reading and no reward. I will try to see if I can figure it out or else have Zac figure it out for me. He'll love a project that will make him feel like a real man. Picture posting for his wife's blog, awesome.

4 comments:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

I'm sorry. I deleted that comment above. I was still signed in as you. Here is what I wanted to say under MY name...

This is SO you. I love it. I read your voice intonation throughout the entire post.

I'm loving your dedication to blogging so quickly. Because non-dedicated bloggers are no fun. You have to post at least every couple days if you want to make it in the blogging world.

I really like the veggie burger at Cheesecake so if you have any vegetarians to wait upon, tell them I like that. And Devin's favorite is Chicken Alfredo Fettucini. We're not the craziest orderers, obviously.

I miss you. Glad that you are an official blogger.

Meggan said...

Becky! I feel so privelaged that I made it on to your blogging buddy list. Although I think it has something more to do with the fact that Missy is your tech support than anything else, but fun nonetheless.

Thanks for the Cheeseake recommendations. I will now look forward to dining there again and hope to change my opinion on the place.

I can hear your voice intonation throughout the whole post too. I totally miss having you around our house Beck. Those were fun days.

S.A.S. said...

Ok, now here's one I can sink my teeth into. I was talking to someone the other day about how my friend Becky and I used to go to the Cheescake Factory EVERY WEEK for our date. Hello! We ate there at least once week for a whole semester, no wonder my pocketbook was slim that fall! Luckily, I wouldn't trade those nights for any amount of $, and remember fondly dwadeling over our BBQ Ranch Chicken Salads for hours. I about died when I saw it was only #5 on your list:)

I loved the Becky's Favorite suggestions. I've ironically only been there 2-3 times in the last YEAR, and after my mouth watered at every mention (minus the shrimp), I'm going to go back the week I get home!

Congrats on your test passing (even more impressive when the alcohols are so foreign to you!), and let's here more about work, and if you give people WARM brown bread:) Love you!