Sunday, February 25, 2007

Carli on Ice



This may have been one of the most comical days in Carli Warnick history. For those of you who don't know Carli, let me introduce her to my blogging friends. She is my fifteen, almost sixteen year old sister. She's informed me that it will be ok if I call her and sing her the Happy Birthday song on her birthday, which is right around the corner according to her, July 18th. She is quite a character to say the least. Everyone who knows her loves her for her humor, stubborness and zest for life. Everything is her favorite...Mcdonalds, Nordstrom, Cocos, IHOP, Cheesecake Factory, Coldstone, IN-N-OUT, bowling, Full House re-runs, and last but not least, ice skating.

Ever since that movie "Ice Princess" she has decided she wants to be a figure skater. Carli on ice. She kindly organized a family day where we went ice skating and then to her "favorite" burger joint, called Tops. The entire ride to the skating rank Carli demanded everyone's attention while she told us about the twirls and jumps she was going to be performing. I attached a picture to help give a clear picture of her "raw talent." She ended up glued to the the wall and told us she broke both of her ankles. She had to wear the men's hockey skates because the figure skates were too narrow on her ankle. I think she made it around the rank almost twice in an hour and half. When our time was up, exhausted Carli agreed she might need a little more practice. She said it was a little harder than she expected. We all had a blast and made a memory never to be forgotten.

So that is Carli. I am sure you will be hearing more about her in future blogs.

8 comments:

S.A.S. said...

Ok, Bex, I wanted to go in order and comment from the oldest on up, but when I saw this first about Carli AND ice skating, I was hooked! First of all, laughed out loud about 5 times in those paragraphs. Cute cute Carli and her ice princess excitement. A little practice and I'm sure we have something in the making! And HOW ARE YOU?!?! I'm dying to hear about Arizona, the move, your work, Zac's prep for school, your ward, etc. etc...

Can we chat? Going through the rest of your entries now, but SO glad to have you here. The only reason I blog is to keep up with my handful of still-close far away ones. So this is PERFECT. Love you!!!

Missy said...

I can't believe Carli is 15 years old. I remember when she was just born! She is a character...I hope to hear more about her on your blog.

I think she was watching Ice Princess last time we hung out together at your house. That was pre-ice skating for her though.

nicole said...

Becky! Hello! I found you on Ashley's blog, welcome to the world of blogging. But real quick, didn't I just see you at the provo gym??? and you are writing about places like IN-N-OUT and Cheesecake factory?? Did you move? I don't get it. I need an update!

Missy said...

Nicole Stowell? Nicole, it's me, Missy. Wow, blogging brings people together. Ashley, Nicole, Becky and me are now in touch again? Who would've guessed?

Becky said...

dannicci- a live in arizona so i am not sure if you are thinking of the same person. i am not sure if i know you.

Becky said...

nicole stowell- i want to talk to you and find out what you are up to. blog away. let me know what your blogging link is.

Missy said...

Becky, if you just click on her name it will take you to her blog. That's how I knew it was her.

Meggan said...

Carli!!! I remember when she was born too. Have we really known each other for 15 years?