Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Some Day...

I am sorry, but I am copying Lillie's idea of sharing my favorite General Conference talk with my blogger friends. I loved Elder Eyring's talk I believe was Sunday afternoon. He was definately speaking to me. I sort of procastinate making necessary changes in me life. I try to put things off I don't want to do until they are convenient for me to address. If it is something outside of my comfort zone I can kiss that goal goodbye. I needed this talk to help me to realize I have to stop avoiding reality. I loved what he said about by doing what we need to today, we are only making tomorrow that much easier. Taking one day at a time is all we need to do. It reminds me of a quote that goes something like this, "It's hard to get much done one little step at a time. But it's impossible to get anything significant accomplisihed without going one little step at a time."

4 comments:

S.A.S. said...

Becks, first of all, I'd love to know what flaw you could possibly work on. You're one of the most Christlike people on the planet. And I'm SO sad I missed Elder Eyering's talk, was on a plane home from Christy's wedding, but can't wait to listen to it.

Good advice on taking one day, and one baby step at a time. Here we go!

Lillie said...

Another GREAT talk, something ALL of us can use encouragement on.

So flattered to get a shout out in your blog.. felt like a super star. :)

Missy said...

I always love Elder Eyrings talks. This was a perfect example of why.

Good choice and General Conference posts are always great to hear. It's fun to know what other people enjoyed so I can study them a little harder.

ashley said...

i love that last quote that you used- i totally needed to hear that right now!