Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pardon my Absence...

So I have been really bad about blogging since the new year. The problem is simple really. I usually begin my blogging at midnight and stay up until 2:00 am reading everyone else's blogs. I realized my health was suffering and so I had to give something up. Blogging seemed to be the most logical answer seeing as how I am in no position to quit my job or leave my husband.

Somehow the day goes by so fast and before I know it is bedtime and there is no time to jump on the computer "just to check my blog." The dilemna is it never ends up to be just a quick second. It is a minimum of an hour just to go through each blogger friend. I am sure all of you fellow bloggers can relate.

Bottom line: I feel so much better now that I am sleeping more regular hours. I have more energy, I am less moody, and I feel more productive. I am still working on a schedule that includes blogging in moderation. We'll see if it's possible. It is almost 1:00 am, and yes, I am aware that is breaking my resolution by a full hour. What can I say, I am not perfect. Sometimes it just feels kind of good to rebel.

5 comments:

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

so nice to have you back...

Jennie said...

I can totally relate. I have to make sure I've done my "chores" before I go blog checking in the morning, otherwise my time zaps away and I'm behind in everything else I need to do!

But, I love it! Just have to remind myself, "moderation". :)

Criscell said...

You make me laugh, Becky! Blogging IS an addiction and I am a night owl to begin with, so adding this new hobby to my life has just made my bedtime later! I need to do better and just make myself stop and GO TO BED! It was good to see you last night! The party was so much fun!

Hepworths said...

BECKY!! Yes. It has been the question of the year for me... how do people have all this time to blog?? What in the world, if I start looking at peeps blogs I'm seriously on the computer for hours and then I'm expected to post on my own blog? I've decided I would rather look at everyone else's blogs than post on my own, so thanks for the updates. I love reading your crazy stories!... i also support you in your new year's resolution.

Criscell said...

Thanks for adding me to your "friends" list, Becky. Now I feel loved!