Sunday, March 2, 2008

Spring Break

Zac has been on his Spring break this week and it has been so fun. I feel like I am on vacation too. It is so nice to have him around to hang out with. The frist couple of days he spent sleeping in until 11:00 and doing absolutely nothing. He deserved a few relaxing days after all the hard work he put in during finals, but after that I put him to work. He cleaned the entire apartment. (I redeemed a coupon he gave me for Christmas for a free house cleaning.) I also redeemed a free dinner cooked by him. He grilled chicken using my favorite marinade. It was so nice of him.



After the work was complete we had some fun. We went golfing with our buddy Isac. The weather was phenominal, the golfing, not so much. None of us were anything to brag about that day.



A little too close, I know. It seems like these are the only pictures we have of each other. I just need a longer arm.




Yeah, I am a golfer. Don't look too close though, you'll see how bad my form really is.




We drove out to Chandler to visit Zac's sister's family. His brother and wife were there too(far right). We just had dinner and played Pictionary (one of my top favorites). We also went to the Ikea out there and made it out only spending $16. We bought a big plastic cup, a new rug, a lamp, delicious chocolate candy, and book ends. I know, I know...what an amazing deal. I love Ikea!!




It's been a really fun week filled with entertainment. It is going to be so hard to watch Zac go back to his demanding schedule. Next break...SUMMER!

11 comments:

Criscell said...

Thanks for having us all over the other night! We had a great time talking and the hours just slipped away. We'll have to have you guys over soon! Looks like you had a fun week!

Jennie said...

I love when they have school breaks! But then it's torture to lose them again when they go back.

Great deals at Ikea!

Sarah said...

It sounds like you had a great week with Zac home. It stinks that he has to go back tomorrow, I hate the end of every weekend when Jon has to go back to work on Monday. I guess someone has to pay the bills though! It'll all be worth it in the end!

S Semon said...

Hey Beck--
I am glad you finally re-found my blog. The consensus seems to be a girl, so we shall see what happens. The needle last night said girl--and we know how technical that was.
Sad day to lose our husbands again!
Sharon

Chantalle said...

Hey Becky! I found your blog today :) So fun to see pictures and updates! Believe it or not- we named our baby Zachary :) We love that name!! Where are you guys these days? How is school going for Zac?

Mands Glenn said...

I feel like I just hit a depression knowing that the boys are back in school today. I too loved Spring break having my man around. Looked like you guys had such a fun break together and WOW you found some amazing deals at IKEA! I love IKEA!

Missy said...

I'm so sad he had to go back to school. I love weekends when Devin is home and long weekends (or a whole week in your case) are seriously the best.

Summer is not that far away Beck and we have a girls weekend squished in there to pass the time!

Frei Family said...

I am so glad that i am not the only wife who will go golfing with her husband!! Don't worry i am not very good either... i usually dont even play all the holes!!

Lillie said...

So glad your cute hub is home right now. It's hard enough for me with a normal work schedule. I can only imagine. It's just so much better together.

Am I really going to see you in a couple of weeks?!

Criscell said...

Hey it was fun to have dinner with you guys last night. Thanks for coming over, and for bringing the yummy treats too! We both remarked how fun it is to talk to you two. We're so glad we know you guys.

XO said...

I found you! And I love your up-close, arm-reacher shots too - you guys look great.