Thursday, February 21, 2008

Crazy Times

Caution to all husbands: this is what happens when you neglect your wife on Valentine's Day. She goes crazy and throws a party with children.
Since I was in California over Valentine's babysitting Carli and Justin I decided I would have a Valentine's party with all the nieces. It includued a crazy hair, crazy dress fashion show, spaghetti with "pink" sauce, a Valentine craft and heart-shaped brownies. Unfortunately Zac was busy in Arizona studying for finals so he had to miss all the fun.


This is my niece who reminds me of myself when I was younger, a little spazzy.


Here I am with my two favorite people, my sister, Carli and my brother, Justin. They are so fun to be around.


These are almost all of the Dayton girls striking sweet poses.


Here is the entire wild bunch.


This is Hadley, probably my most odd niece. She came down the stairs walking with a shrugged shoulder and a limp and said, "I'm Cheetalicious."


We had a fashion show and this is what they all sported for the big event. Carli announced each girl and did a great job.


After the fashion show we had a dance party where all the girls showed off their moves to the "High School Musical" soundtrack. I haven't danced like that since stake dances.


We each picked a name a made Valentines for that person. Justin got the most into this activity because he loves to draw.


One morning we played "pretend restaurant" where I am the chef and they order whatever they want. I usually make a simple menu of all their favorite things depending on what we have in stock. Here is this morning's menu.


Yes, that is a grocery bag on my head.





I think Justin ate five eggs that morning. Carli said she makes better egg sandwiches than I do. Whatever.


This is where Justin spent most of his time all week. He is obsessed with his computer. He just makes designs on it all day long while listening to Kenny Rogers on his stereo.





This is Justin's other passion. His Magna-doodle. I think he owns three now. We went to Target so he could pick this one out with his birthday money. Pretty sure he already has this exact same one. Again, whatever.


One morning we went to play tennis and Carli came out of her room in this and said it was her tennis outfit. Last time I'll say it, whatever. I soon realized that a lot of their logic didn't make any sense, but then I realized it doesn't really matter so long as they are happy, I am happy.


We went to Ruby's one night with one of my old time high school friends, Jaymi. She and Carli are real great buds.


That was probably way more information and pictures than anyone really cared for, but I had to make up for all the picture-lacking posts I've been producing these days.

Overall, I had such a fun time playing with all my nieces, nephews, and especially Carli and Justin.

14 comments:

S Semon said...

I loved the play by play posting of your weekend. You are one of the craziest people I have met--and I love it!
Today Zac will be done with finals! Yippee for you!

Criscell said...

That was an awesome post! Sounds like you had a blast. Your siblings are so lucky to have you for an older sister!! You are so creative--I loved the chef hat!

Mands Glenn said...

Can you be my Aunt and sister? Why are you so fun? I loved every picture. You are such a RAD girl. So lucky to have you in Az! You are going to make the coolest Mama some day.

OHh and I totally know Jaymi from Provo. She is such a babe!

ashley said...

becky- you are so funny. i bet carly and justin had the time of thier lives. your kids are in for a treat!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

such a fun week i can tell

Sarah said...

I'm sad that I missed out on all of the fun, but at least we got to hang out for a couple of days before I left! I loved all of the pictures- you really are going to be such a fun mom someday!!!

Jill M said...

Becky you rock, seriously could you be any more fun. I am sad I never got to have a valentines party with you.

Jennie said...

You're so CRAZY! I love that you're wearing a plastic bag on your head! We used to play "menu" when we were kids too, that was fun.

You're such a great sis! I bet they all just had a blast.

Meggan said...

Becky, what a great sis you are! I wish you were my aunt or mom.

When are Jaymie and Juice going to get married? Can we please hook up those two loners?

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

would you get your booty over to my house so we can watch our show please???!!!!

S.A.S. said...

Bex, I tried to comment earlier but it wouldn't let me. I laughed so hard I cried at Carli's 'tennis outfit'. Next time can I come? I'll even be the soux chef at your service. You really are the coolest sister and Aunt... who gets someone like YOU to come stay with them? I always had my crazy aunt... ugh. Lucky Carli and Justin. You think we could make menus at Missy's one day? Or that you could at least put the chef's cap on? Love you!

Lillie said...

You are the BEST big sister/aunt I've ever heard of. Seriously. They must LOVE you!

Missy said...

You are so funny. Loved this post. Describes you perfectly.

Though I am sad - not even a phone call Beck?

Eric and Jackie said...

can you come stay at our house for a week. you are so much fun!