Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The 16 Hour Visit

I got to see Sarah twice in a two-week period. This doesn't happen very often, I feel so priviliged. She just recently got engaged on April Fool's, so of course we had to have an engagament party upon her arrival to Phoenix. We went to kind of a random place for dinner that I heard was suppose to be really good. Turns out it was a full on sports bar with 30 plus big screen tv's decoraitng the walls. Big mistake to take three men here for dinner (Dustin, Isac, and Zac). We still had fun despite the "not so intimate" environment. We just had to use our playground voices in order to be heard.



After dinner we ventured over to what has become a tradition each time Sarah comes to visit, a trip to Wal-Mart. I had to think of a good reason on the fly in order to convince the guys it was a necessary stop. As you can tell in the picture below they were starting to have their doubts.



Luckily in the knick(sp) of time I thought of something brilliant. Why it didn't come to me earlier, I don't know. We were going to each pick something out for Sarah in order to celebrate her new future with Paul, her fiance. We only had fifteen minutes and what we came up with was rather creative.



Sarah was able to keep herself entertained by winnnig this awesome bunny in one of those lame little vending machine games at the entrance of most Wal-Marts. Don't feel bad if you don't recall noticing them on your way into the store, mostly just children under the age of five are distracted by temptations. Needless to say, I was there by her side the entire time coaching her with my best strategy to win. She says she owes it all to me, but I don't know if that is completely true.



So here are the products of what each of us gave her as a result of our mission to Wal-Mart:
Zac: a light dimmer
Isac: a measuring tape key chain
Dustin: A candle representing an eternal flame
Becky: a handkerchief b/c everyone says you should go into a marriage with your eyes wide open and once you are married, half shut. I figured this could represent a blindfold. I also got her a packet of sunflower seeds that represents their new life that is about to blossom into something even more beautiful than deemed possible and lastly, a small candle indicating their flame they make together. Dustin and I were on the same page on that one.

Anyways, sorry this turned out to be such a long blog, but I am just so excited for Sarah. She is one of my closest friends and for a long time I worried she would never find anyone worthy of her love. I am convinced Paul is the one for her just by the excitement she exudes whenever she talks about him.

CONGRATULATIONS SARAH!!!

9 comments:

Criscell said...

How fun! Is this the friend from D.C.? What was she here for?

Sarah said...

Congrats to Sarah! I have always thought that she is the coolest girl and I'm so glad that she has found someone that isorthy of her coolness!!! Creative idea at wal-mart, Becky!

Frei Family said...

Fun, it sounds liek you guys make a lot out of walmart!! I didnt know she came to visit?? How fun!

Aubrey Messick said...

What a fun way to celebrate an engagement...and to make the most of the Walmart experience! :)

S.A.S. said...

Ok, everyone needs a Becky! I wanted to come visit Becky to talk to HER about HER life, and of course she turns it into one big engagement party. From the stellar banana cream toasted coconut cream pie to the WalMart trip (Bex and I could spend more time here than the average person), to the questions she asks, Becky made me so excited about the upcoming hitch! Thank you Becky, for being the kind of friend who is... that kind of friend. So thoughtful, so sweet, so FUN.
And I do owe the duck/bunny all to you and your coaching.

Hamar Times said...

what fun! By the way...
I heard you came face to face with a rattler!!!!! How close? How big? How scary!!! I think that tale would be blog worthy... :)

Frei Family said...

Yep... not a big fan of kathie lee with hota kot-b... i thought she retired?? So why come back now??? Tell her to stay retired!!! And have you watched it? or even watched the commercials?? I feel like she is taking over the show.. And it was hota's big break!! hope you are doing good.. havent talk to you in a while.. maybe we should hit a movie one night while our men study??

Frei Family said...

what rattler.. where?? in the apartment?? That is worse than the scorpion by far!!

Jill M said...

Hi Becky, I am excited for Sarah as well and cannot wait to see you at the wedding.