Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My trip to Califronia

This weekend I got to go down to San Clemente to hang out with two of my dearest girlfriends, Missy and Sarah. It was a blast. Some of the highlights:


We had to make a trip to the Rainbow sandal factory so Sarah could pick up a pair of cute flip flops.


We spent a lot of time just reminiscing our college days and getting caught up on our lives.


We ate at a really good Italian restuarant called Selma's. We had to wait a while for a table so by the time we sat down we were starving. It was totally worth the wait though.


I have an addiction to Golden Spoon and of course there is nothing like it here in Arizona so I slipped out each night to satisfy my craving. Why there is no good frozen yogurt joint in the middle of the dessert is beyond me.

It was a really fun couple of days. Missy was kind enough to let us stay at her adorable new place. She is a great host providing us with yummy Trader Joe's snacks, great tortilla soup, blueberry pancakes and anything else we could find. Her baby, Avery is so cute and makes the sweetest face when you look at her. I didn't capture it unfortunately, but she definitely takes after her mother. I am so grateful I was able to reunite with such great friends for weekend.


After I met up with my parents our first stop was straight to the driving range. My dad is a bit obsessed with golf and tries to get the rest of the family involved with his passion. Kudos to him for trying right? He has provided all the necessary equipment for my mom, Carli and Justin to golf on the PGA tour. They have the custom fit gloves for Carli's short, stubby hands, shorter clubs and a fancy orange bag. Justin hits one in forty balls and my mom gets, well, a little frustrated when my dad tries to coach her. It is actually quite an exciting and borderline comical event. In fact, after two large baskets of balls, my dad slipped me a $20 and told me to hurry up and go buy another big basket before my mom reallized what was going on. He could golf all day long if we let him.



After spening a couple of days at Missy's I ventured over to my family's house for the rest of the trip. This is what I got to wake up to, Carli singing on the piano. Does Carli sing or play the piano? The answer is a simple NO!! She is totally tone deaf and she thinks the harder she presses on the keys the better she sounds. Poor Carli, at least she is really happy with her talents.


I, on the other hand, am extremely musically talented. Wait no, I am as bad as Carli. My dad wasa trying to show me how to play guitar one morning. It was pretty comical. Even he couldn't believe how bad I could be. He did not believe me when I told him I don't know how to read music. I have a new goal, learn how to play a few songs on the guitar.


On Sunday, Carli, my mom and I, all came downstairs in pink, not even planned. Of course I had to take a picture.


Some people think my dad and I look alike. What do you think?


Yes these are all my sisters and yes they are all pregnant. Sarah and Christy are due any day and Holly and Bethany are due in September. They are all having boys. It must be the season for boys huh?


Some of my nieces at the end of our dance party. They are a bunch of crazy girls.

The four days I was there went by way too fast, but I had a blast. It is always so nice to come home to a needy, lonely and deprived husband though. He always worships me for a few days after my arrival. I love it.

13 comments:

Our Family said...

What a fun trip. Lucky girl.

Meggan said...

I'm most shocked about Holly being pregnant, but Christy isn't too far behind. How are these girls making it through so many pregnancies??

I love that they are all having boys. That is going to be SO fun for your family.

That looks like a great weekend. Glad you got to hang out with Miss again. I can only imagine what you guys talked about and how late you stayed up.

Sarah said...

It was great to see you for a little bit this weekend- can't wait until next month when you come back!

Frei Family said...

Okay, ALL your sisters are pregnant?? Wow, i.. well... well you know, if you ever want to talk about it i am here... Oh and i have very good news for you!! I LOVE golden spoon and they DO have some here in the valley. I think i have seen them mostly in mesa(why is everything we like in Mesa??) but you should search the yellow pages.. i bet there is some closer!

Mands Glenn said...

Who can live without Rainbow sandals? Not me!

You and your Dad are twinners. Both really good looking.

It looked like such a fun trip! There is nothing like going home, espcially if your home is in California. There is just something special about our beautiful state. We need to make another trip and carpool together.

I haven't seen you guys in like forever. Ohh and there is a Golden Spoon here and I do think it's in Mesa. Yes, I agree with Carli on. . Why is everything we love in Mesa?

Heather said...

Hi Becky, I love checking your blog for pics of the fam. Looks like you had a really fun weekend. Wendy isn't pregnant, is she? So that's not all of your sisters ;). You look great - all tan and grown up!

Missy said...

It was so fun to have you down! I love the pink picture too. You guys are all just so cute and your sisters look great. SO happy they are all having boys! It's totally the season for boys.

Criscell said...

Cute post, Becky!! What a FUN trip! I'm so jealous. You and your dad do look a lot alike. Wow--I can't believe you have FOUR sisters who are all expecting! Hang in there... If you ever need to talk, please don't hesitate to call me. You look beautiful by the way--you always do!

Lauren said...

There is a Golden Spoon in Scottsdale on Shea!!! You should go there. :) Glad that you had fun with your friends.

Hepworths said...

Becky, sounds like such a fun getaway. I'm so jealous of your warm weather life - it snowed here the other day - it's april and still snowing in utah!! what?? I love the last pic of you and all your adorable nieces. I'm sure they worship you - you're only the best aunt in the world. side note - i talked to beth the other day and we talked about you. maybe next time you're in Utah you could call us - yea, that would be NICE!! we want to see you!

Aubrey Messick said...

Hey Becky! I'm so glad you found my blog. Isn't it wonderful how these things have the ability to reunite friends. I love it!

I actually know Amanda from my Provo days. She was in my ward at Windsor Park. I just feel in love with her and her sister Camilla. I love those girls to death!

So it looks like you had a wonderful girls weekend. A girl definitely needs one of those every once in a while.

I'll be checking back often to see what you're up to! :)

Strive to Thrive said...

Love the pics of my cousins all preggers! Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a fun weekend... your pictures always make me miss your fam! Will you be at Mack's in July? Hope so!!

Meggan said...

p.s. you spelled CALIFORNIA wrong. You couldn't possibly have been born and raised there could you??