Wednesday, July 30, 2008

And one more time...hopefully

I did return home from the hospital at one point and ended up unexpectedly returning the next day for a surgery to solve this ongoing pain. Fortunately the surgery went well and the pain is gone. I am left with a gnarly eight inch incision going vertically up my stomach. Now I am just recovering from the surgery and having some severe nausea causing me to have to be on a feeding tube. At least the original pain is gone for now and hopefully won't ever return. They had to remove my right ovary because it was twisted three times and the size of a canteloupe. I am still in the hospital and was suppose to be discharged last Monday, but had some wierd, random pain in a different spot causing me to still be here. We are crossing our fingers we can go home tomorrow, so long as nothing else freaky comes up. My goal is to not return until I am ready to deliver because I have had it with the hospital for a while. I may have to go home with the feeding tube, so visitors, please don't laugh, it's not a pretty site. I look like a freak. Little kids stare at me in the halls. It's really sad. I try to avoid looking in the mirror too often because it really is a depressing site. Well that is the update. Hope everyone is having a great summer!!!

7 comments:

Rachel and Todd said...

You not looking pretty? Come on. Even with all you've been through I bet you're still gorgeous. We love you!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

dang becky! i;m glad they were able to figure out what was causing the pain finally and remove the problem. call me when you are ready for visitors.

mcwally said...

becky-
you are in our prayers! i think of you often... and, there is no way you could anything other than beautiful. seriously.

Lindsey said...

I've been wodering how you are doing. That stinks that you have had to go through all of this. I hope it is fixed though. Good luck. Lindsey Metcalf

Missy said...

I'm thinking of you Beck! I agree with everyone else, I'm sure you look beautiful. Only you could turn a hospital gown into a stylish product.

ashley said...

becky! i am sure you make that feeding tube work. and i hope that you don't have to go back to that hospital till you are in a better kind of pain (that being labor). you will be in my prayers too, get better!

Criscell said...

Becky! We're back from our trip home and I'm so glad to hear that your operation went okay. I called you but ended up talking to your mother-in-law before we left. Hopefully you're home from the hospital now and feeling BETTER! So sorry you're so nauseous. Let me know when I can bring you some food/company! As always, I'm praying for you!