Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back in the Hospital

It's true. I was sent back to the hospital only this time it was in Arizona. I woke up to excruciating pain in my lower abdomen and back and had to be rushed in an ambulance to the Good Samaritan hospital in Phoenix on Thursday, July 3rd. Just when things were starting to feel a little more normal as far as my health goes, this happened. I've been here since then and I am hopefully (fingers crossed) going to be released tomorrow. I was so sad to have to miss the 4th of July, one of my favorite holidays, but what can you do? Fireworks will have to wait another year, but Zac said he will bbq for me as soon as we get out of here. He has been so sweet to stay by my side through all this. I know it hasn't been easy for him to sit with me each day and keep me company. He has slept over every night except for two, and one of those nights my mom was here with me. My parents came out last weekend and his dad was kind enough to come out for a few days as well.

We've had so much support from such great family and friends. They've been willing to visit and bring flowers, treats, and great reading materials. With out all of you we would have never made it another two weeks. Thank you so much for all the prayers and phone calls we've received as well. You'll never know how much it means to us. We've never felt so loved before. Turns out I will be just fine in the next little while and hope to not have to make another return visit to the dreaded hospital for a long time.

Now I think we should be able to enjoy what's left of our summer before Zac goes back to school.

13 comments:

Missy said...

Oh Becky! I'm so glad it looks like you won't have to go back...for a long while hopefully:)

Call me as soon as you can!

Criscell said...

Becky! It is so great to read your post and know that you finally FEEL up to posting again! You and Zac have been through so much the past two weeks and I'm so sorry! You didn't deserve it at all. It was great to talk to you on the phone today. You sounded so much better! I sure hope you'll be home tomorrow--I was planning on visiting you at the hospital again, but maybe I won't have to!! Our prayers are with you. Hang in there! You're amazing.

Jennie said...

Goodness! I didn't even know this all happened! That's what happens when I leave out of town for a week! I'm glad to hear that you've been showered with attention and love. So glad you're on the mend and that Zack was able to be with you so much.

Let me know if you need anything, I'm just across the parking lot you know! (and still husbandless for another 2 weeks)

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

i'm so glad to hear that you are doing better and that you can return home soon. let me know if you just want me to come over or if you want to come over when zack goes back to work so that you are not alone. sorry that dane was always a crazy man at the hospital hopefully he will behave himself during our next visit. i am so glad to have you feeling better.
love ya!

Missy said...

I second what Criscell said, you sounded so good when I talked to you. SO glad you are going home (TODAY!!). Phew. You are a champ Beck. Keep the hospitals at bay now...

Anonymous said...

It was so great to visit with you today, Becky! Let me know if I can do anything...anything at all. Hope the pain is manageable and you're home right now!! Talk to you soon!!

PS Love the blog!!

S.A.S. said...

Becky, I maintain that you are one of the strongest people I know. Wow. Thoughts and prayers are with you for a quick recovery and huge amounts of gratitude for Zac for being a champion of a husband. Becky, I'm SO frustrated for you that you're going through this, and hope it ends soon and you don't have to go back for a looooong while. Wish I could be there painting your toenails and giving you a hand massage!
xoxo

Frei Family said...

I am so glad that you might be home already!! What do you need?? I can bring more movies?? I am glad you are doing better-- well have to have a big bbq to celebrate your return home- after you feel better that is!! If you need anything let me know!!

ashley said...

oh man! sarah actually told me you went back in, that is such a bummer. hope your getting better soon so you can enjoy your summer!

Criscell said...

Oh Becky! I heard yesterday that you are back in the hospital for surgery! I called you today, but your mother-in-law said you were pretty out of it. I wanted to come see you and cheer you up before we go out of town tomorrow. Please know that I'm praying for you and I'll call you as soon as I get back. Oh,and Kristy is home now and she wants to see you so she'll probably be calling you soon too. Love you lots!

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry that you are having to go through all of this right now. You definitely don't deserve it. I'm glad that the surgery went well and hope that it solves the pain issues you have been having. I love you and am praying for you- I wish I could be there to visit.

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Becky, I am so sorry to hear about your hard summer! I am in Utah, but if there is anything I can do I would love to help! You are in our prayers and we hope that you will recover soon!

THE MEYERS said...

Hi Becky - this is Amy (Carpenter) Meyers from the Hot Cot. I found your blog through SAS and I can't believe what you have been going through! You ARE one of the strongest people ever - and looking beautiful through the whole thing. I'm so sorry. I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Keep in touch. Oh, we just started a blog: meyersmemoirs.blogspot.com
Check it out.