Saturday, April 3, 2010

Stung by a bee... JK

No not really, I wasn't stung by a bee.  This is really my foot loving pregnancy.  I am having some pretty awesome swelling that I was not expecting at only 25 weeks.  My legs have been slowing me down a bit.  I feel fluid sloshing around when I walk and it's very uncomfortable.  My toes are always numb and it hurts to bend my ankles.  It feels like something is tearing.  Anyone else had these problems while pregnant?  My veins in my legs are just as pretty as my foot.  They are big and bulging and so ugly.  Despite all my complaining I would still never trade this experience for anything.  I wake up everyday feeling so blessed to be having two little babies in just a few short months.  We can't believe how fast the time is going.

This is my foot before a pedicure, with one toe nail painted because I can't reach them to paint them myself.  My mom was nice enough to treat me to a pedicure for Easter, along with a massage-I love her!

We ordered and received cribs this past week.  Here Zac is dutifully putting one together.  I am debating whether or not to put the other one up now or wait until they can't share one anymore.  Our nurser is going to be quite crammed.  It's going to be all cribs and dressers with no floor space left.  

This is what I've been addicted to for the past couple of weeks.  I make this killer chocolate banana shake every night that I love so much.  I would post  the recipe except I never measure anything and I make it a little different each time.  It does have Hershey's chocolate syrup, whip cream and bananas in it- I do know that much.  It is so delicious and refreshing.  I have also been really into smoothies and orange floats.  I think it's because the weather is starting to heat up a bit here in AZ.  All I know is I am glad my sweet tooth is back because living without really just isn't as fun.  There is nothing to look forward to at night when you don't like sweets, sorry non-sweet-lovers, but it's true.

8 comments:

Jennie said...

Your poor legs! I can feel your pain about large veins though! I had terrible vericose veins this last pregnancy, and they ached without even touching them.

Ask your Dr. about the swelling of your legs though, that does seem to be more than usual swelling and it would be safe to rule out preclampsia.

How fun to put up the cribs! That was such a fun and memorable time for both of us with each baby.

By the way, how did the clothing situation work out? Did you find some cute stuff? Knowing your amazing taste, you probably have. :)

Our fun family said...

oh I love checking your blog! I am so excited for you guys! That is what happened to my feet and legs and I could only wear Jake's flip flops. haha that is the same crib I have also but in white! great choice! They say to drink more water to help with the swelling. I will be in arizona tomorrow through next saturday, I don't know your scedule or how close to gilbert you live but it would be fun to have you meet me and allison for lunch one day. you can call margo for my number so I don't put it out there on the web. haha well I am so excited for you guys!!

erin said...

Ha...I can't believe those are your legs! Sorry...it looks painful. I honestly thought you sprained your ankle, because I did a couple weeks ago and that's about what it looked like. You are so funny & I love your blog.

Wendy said...

HOLY CRAP! I totally thought you were exaggerating! Apparently not!!! I've never seen anything like it. That really stinks. Well, in a couple months it will all be worth it.

Sarah said...

GO to the doctor- that is not normal. It was good to talk to you today! I like the crib and can't wait to see what bedding you end up with!

Mands Glenn said...

I know what you mean about the sweets at night. What else is there to do than grab a small treat something and sit down to your favorite show? Sorry about your feet. New things pop up every week in pregnancy it feels like. I got carpal tunnel and lost feeling in my right hand with my last pregnancy. Ughhh crazy wild things pop up, but when those babies come you will forget about it all!

heidi said...

i hope you are going to the doc about the swelling-you are totally adorable-i have a wonderful photographer friend that wants to do your newbies-she loves newborn photo shoots and ooo girl boy twinners-sooo fun and cute-let me know

Missy said...

what? answer my text if you are ok becky shae.