Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shower Festivities!!

So my dear friends threw an amazing shower for me last Saturday. It was so much fun. It was kind of like my wedding reception where all the attention was on me. The decorations were out of control and I have Cadi, my party planner friend, and her "committee" to thank for that. It was so sweet to walk in and be surprised by all the hard work and planning that went into this shower. I want to thank everyone who came and for your generosity. The coordinating outfits I received are amazing. I am so excited to dress my babies everyday. I am already thinking about how they will look in all these adorable clothes. I am getting anxious for them to get here so I can finally meet them. However, they are probably a lot easier to take care of in my belly than they will be once they're born. The reality that we are having twins is finally starting to set in as my stomach rapidly expands and I feel two babies kicking and twirling around. It's sort of freaking me out to think they'll be here before I know it. I feel so unprepared and inadequate to be a mother. Are these normal feelings for first time moms? Anyways, here are some pictures my sister diligently took through out the shower. I am sorry I am literally in everyone of them. Brace yourself for a lot of me.

Here are 4 of my sisters and my mom. My sisters originally weren't going to be able to make it for the shower since they all live in California. I was so sad about it and then on Friday night they surprised me by showing up to dinner. I was freaking out because I was not expecting them at all. It meant so much to me that they would drive 5 plus hours just because I wanted them to be there so bad. I will never forget it girls. I love you all so much.



Here are the two hosts of the party. Cindi, on my right was in charge of the food. She made awesome BBQ pulled pork and decadent Martha Stewart Chocolate cupcakes with green and pink frosting. Cadi was the decorator and master mind of the pink, green and black theme. As always she outdid herself. Thank you both for making me feel so loved.

Here are from left to right Amanda, Kristi, and Criscell. I call them my school friends, even though none of us are actually in school, all of our husbands are. I rarely get to see them anymore and it meant so much to me that they came.

Here is a shot of the crowd.

Here we are playing a super fun candy game. I won three candy bars, two of which I'd never had before, but are now new favorites, Zero bars and FastBreaks. So delightful!

Here is just one of the cute things the decorating committee put together. They also made a really cute diaper cake.

My sister Carli and I taking a picture with the new giraffe noise maker she gave me.

Here I am at 28.5 weeks. I know I look full term. The other day some random lady in the store asked me if I was past due. Who does that? I just have to keep telling myself there are two healthy babies in there. I am so glad they are growing well and are still measuring ahead of schedule. We're hoping to get to about 36-38 weeks which will make me due sometime between the middle and the end of June. I'm hoping before the 4th of July because I have like an entire red, white and blue wardrobe for each baby.

Well there's a glimpse of the shower for those who couldn't make it. We missed you Liz, but so excited for you. I guess having a baby of your own is an ok excuse to not be there. Thanks again to everyone for your excitement and support for us!!

14 comments:

S Semon said...

Your shower looks like so much fun. Did I miss the blog post where you posted what kind of babies you are having...boys or girls? Anyway, so happy for ya!

Riz said...

Ahh...Thank you for FINALLY posting about your shower!! I missed being there and thought of you all day...The decorations looked amazing (I had no doubt!) and so did you! Thank you also for the "shout-out." Can't wait for you to meet Baby J...such a sweet not so little man :) See you soon--I hope!

The Eliason's said...

What a fun day!! I can not imagine what to do with 2 of everything...I have 4 of everything BUT it is spaced out 2 years apart :D...cant wait to meet your additions!

Andrea said...

I'm so happy for you. Anyway having two babies deserves lots of celebration. Good luck with everything.

Brett and Rachel said...

Everything looks absolutely amazing! I'm still so bummed I couldn't make, but glad everything went great. Can't wait for these little babies to arrive!

Jules said...

I wish I would have known you were having your shower--- I would have sent your gift earlier! What are your colors? Pink and green? Love all the pics and that the "sisters" made the trip! So special!! Excited for you!

Brittany said...

Wow! what a shower. It looks like you all had a blast. Wish I could have been there. Glad that Cadi was able to fill in for with the games. You look so stinking cute :)

S.A.S. said...

Your sisters surprised you?! I love it! Such a gift. I wish I could have flown Julia and I out there 1) to see you, and 2) to see this amazing party. So glad you have so many wonderful friends who love you!!

Missy said...

This looks like fun! And even better that your sisters and mom were there. A party to celebrate babies? I want in too! Will mail your gift soon. you are so close!

I disagree with whoever stopped you though. You look small to me.

heidi said...

the pictures of your shower are totally lovely-missed seeing you at costco today-we hit chick fil a instead. excited to meet your babies-soon...

Criscell said...

It was an awesome shower, Becky! Thanks for inviting us! We had a wonderful time. I still think you look so great!!

Mandy said...

AHHHHHH! OK, I got a little of my boiling over excitment out!! but i really am tearing up with joy over this all!! A- you and your Fam all look gorgious in that first pic... What a great family you have to do that, I love surprises! haha I stumbled over to your blog after being on another of someone who was in delivery with twins at 30 weeks! Well, I'm kinda thinking maybe they can be born on my bday (june 8th) HA! She delivered one and had a cesarian(sp?) on second but both healthy. Wow this is a long comment but really happy for you and excited;-]

Lillie said...

When are you due??? I'm starting to get anxious… could it already be happening? Are you on bed rest for the last few weeks or anything??? Can't wait for an update. Good luck!

Rachel and Todd said...

Baby pictures, please! We can't wait to see the little Freestone duo!! Hope you guys are doing well. :)