Monday, May 26, 2008

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

These are so delicious. They are good as bars too. I served them warm out of the oven with vanilla ice cream, whip cream and hot fudge.

3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 & 1/4 cup flour
2 cups oats
1 -12oz. bag chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate, Guittards brand)

1. Beat together butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on high speed for about 30 seconds.
2. Add sugars, baking powder and soda. Beat until comobined.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
4. Beat in flour slowly until combined. Stir in rolled oats and chocolate chips.
5. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in rounded balls (or in a 9x13 pan as cookie bars)
6. Bake @ 375 for about 10 minutes for cookies and about 20-30 minutes for bars. Keep checking bars until the top starts to turn golden brown. They will still look kind of doughy, but they set up pretty fast. Not good if you over-bake them. DRY!

Hope you like them as much as we do.

Sorry no picture, they were gone before I thought to take one.

9 comments:

Criscell said...

Becky!! How are you? I miss you! I'll have to call you soon to see how you're doing. We're having fun in Idaho with our families. Thanks for having us over for dessert a few weeks ago--and for posting the recipe! I can't wait to make those. They were SOOOO yummy! See you in a couple weeks!

Sarah said...

Thanks so much for making these for Max's blessing today- they were delicious! I might heat one up and have it with vanilla ice cream like you suggested- sounds so good!

Frei Family said...

Hmmm... those sound yummy!! Are you still gone?? I hope things are going well... we are going to have to get together for some serious game nights this summer!!

Ben and Teri said...

Becky, Those sound really good. We will have to try them. When are you guys getting back from California. We miss you.

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

yummy!! i would love to try those when you get back in town...wink,wink.. jk. call me when you get back to AZ

Jennie said...

Thanks for posting this. They were so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! Can't wait to make them...maybe tomorrow!

S.A.S. said...

Well rave reviews insist that I make these cookies soon.

Dear Bex,

I really want to chat. My phone was stolen in Costa Rica. I just got a phone, but it has no phone numbers in it. I have yours written at my office, so will try to call you tomorrow. Hope you're having a great time in Cali!

Love and miss you,
Sarah

Ben and Teri said...

Okay, so I know I commented on this already, but I made those cookies today and took them to a swim party at Jared's preschool and they were gone so fast. Everybody loved them. I only got one, now I'm going to have to make some more.

S.A.S. said...

Now I'm in Canada... really want to talk still. Will have phone back on U.S. soil on Monday. Can we email as preface? I miss you and hope Cali is great! Is Zack LOVING no school? I can only imagine his relief. I can also only imagine the Becky golden tan right now. No one else in the world is exactly that color....