Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving recap...finally

Wait is Thanksgiving already past?  Where has this holiday season gone?  I know we still have Christmas to look forward to, but now is about the time I start getting sad because it'll be over before we know it.  I know I am a little late with the Thanksgiving post, but better late than never, right?  Here is the whole Freestone gang in front of the hotel we stayed at in Texas.  We had so much fun visiting Zac's sister's family.  We happened to fall in love with Texas during the few days we were there.  It's since been added to our "potential places to live" list.


This is one of the major factors contributing to our love for Texas, Rudy's.  It's a delicious Texas barbecue food joint.  It's attached to a gas station and you eat off wax paper, but don't let that scare you.  It is TASTY!!
Here I am devouring my corn-on-the-cob.  You could drink the Rudy's sauce I am holding up, it's that good.  Thanks for the recommendation Wendy, definitely a winner.
On Thanksgiving day we had a heavenly feast and then went to see Bolt in 3D.  We all really liked it.  I would recommend it to both kids as well as adults.  
Here are my amazing in-laws, Margo and Steven.  I don't wonder what Zac is going to look like in about 35 years, his father.  I am so lucky to have such fun and supportive in-laws!
Before we took off for Texas we went to Utah for a little skiing and snow time for Zac.  He missed the mountains so much in Arizona.  The weather was actually nice at Alta, about 40 degrees and sunny.  I was even warm.  I was wearing a coat that was warm enough to climb Everest in, but that's beside the point.
While in Utah we had a busy schedule with only a few days and many restaurants and movies to see.  We saw the Bond movie, and Twilight, although definitely not a highlight.  We ate at Brick Oven, Bombay House, Bajio, Maverick (for their soft serve cones), 7 Elleven for the slurpies and chocolate sinkers (Zac's favorite donut ever made) and Will's Pit Stop for the best Kettle popcorn on the market.  We ate well to say the least.  We were thoroughly entertained and got to spend quality time with family.  It was a vacation much needed and so appreciated.  Thank you Freestones.

12 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

I loved this post. Jage and I fell in Love with Texas when we were there also. The BBQ places are off the hook. I too miss Utah! All of the places you mentioned made me miss it even more. I need to try that kettle corn popcorn next time I'm at Wills pit stop. Yummy! Lets try to see eachother over the holidays!

Jennie said...

Love your hair in the corn cobb pic!

I'm glad you were able to be with family again...and able to go skiing to boot!

hortongirls said...

How fun! Were you in San Antonio? Ried travels there for work and he RAVES about Rudy's. Lucky!

Frei Family said...

Mmmmm... I love texas BBQ and Brick oven!!! I am glad you enjoyed Texas... I love it their myself... beautiful!!

Criscell said...

What a fun time you guys had! It was good to talk to you yesterday. We have to get together before you go out of town again!

Our Family said...

Becky you are my kind of girl all about the family and the food. I love it!

Alissa

Ben and Teri said...

I love all the pictures. You look like you had so much fun and you are amazing to remember to take your camera and get pictures of everything you do. I love it!! We would go to Texas too. It is so awesome.

Brett and Rachel said...

I am just curious as to how you skied down that mountain, because it doesn't look like there's much snow around! What happened to the nasty slushy brown parking lots that I always slip and biff on?! :) Glad you had fun!!

S.A.S. said...

Bex, sounds like so much fun! You and Zac get around... and have enough family to see that you're always busy with great people. I'm craving bbq sauce for some reason.. and the Utah treats I love. When do I get to see you again? it's been too long already...

Lindsey said...

Fun times! And I have been to Rudy's in Texas. I went to the one in Allen. Very good.

Criscell said...

Hey Becky! I had a super busy night tonight (we have a date rotation group and it was my turn to baby-sit so I had 5 kids over here for nearly 3 hours!) Anyway...when I finally thought about calling you, it was already 10:30 pm tonight and I know you're a night owl (like me) but just to be on the safe side, I thought I'd just leave you this comment and then try to call you tomorrow. I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow and Caleb is tutoring, so I don't think tomorrow is going to work to go out to lunch. What about Monday? I'd have to bring Caysja, but hopefully she'll be good. What do you think? I want to see you!

Sarah said...

What is wrong with your face in the skiing picure?!!! Looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving!