Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Since it's dropped well into the 70's here in Arizona I decided it was time to make some of my favorite soups. Here is a yummy tortilla soup recipe Zac can take credit for:

3 cooked and cut chicken breasts
1 small can tomato sauce
1 large can stewed tomatoes
1 can corn with juice
1 can kidney beans
1 can white beans
1 chopped onion
1 small can green chiles-mild
1 cup chopped cilantro

Sometimes it seems too thick so I add a little chicken broth or even just water will do. I do like it a little thicker though.

So easy, just pour it all in a large pot, heat and EAT!!

I always serve it with Fritos or tortilla strips, sour cream and shredded cheese. Really you can add in whatever you want, olives, green onions, a squirt of lime.

ENJOY!!

Zac is making this for me tonight and I am so excited.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Do you drain the beans first or just add it "as is" right from the can?

Becky said...

i usually drain them just a little to get all the real thin liquid out, but keep most of the rest of the thicker stuff in.

Frei Family said...

I was just looking for a good tortilla soup recipe.. ill have to try this one out!!

Ben and Teri said...

That sounds really yummy. I am going to have to give it a try.

Bethany said...

I am looking forward to it - New Years Eve, right?? We had a soup bar after Scotty's blessing, that would've been a great soup to have!

hortongirls said...

I love the new layout! And the picture of you two kissing. "The clock in the background says ten till two-it's kissing time!" Yes lets get together very soon, I miss laughing with you! Call me when you're not working.