Saturday, December 13, 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong but.....

I think I need some praise.  I am the furthest from crafty as it gets, but lately I've been expanding my horizons in the creativity category.  Don't be jealous, but it's true, I actually made this dazzling tree with my own two hands.  If you'd like I could write up the directions as to how to make such a creation, no problem.  Totally kidding- it looked way cooler in my head.


This is an idea I stole from my friend Teri.  It is so fun to turn the fan on and watch the rings fly.  So entertaining, but beware, it makes you a little dizzy.
Here is the picture to go with the Tortilla soup recipe I posted a while ago.  Did I mention how good it is??
These are the scarecrow cookies I made today.  Why scarecrows in the middle of December you might ask.  I am teaching on loving yourself and others in Young Womens tomorrow.  The girls are suppose to set up their own scarecrows to keep negative thoughts from destroying their self esteem.  Not my idea, I got it online of course.

So that's what I have been up to lately.  It's been nice and distracting, keeping me away from shopping during this tempting time of year.  Twelve days of Christmas starts today.  Hooray!!

8 comments:

Criscell said...

Wow--what a little chef you are!! Of course I always new that, but those treats look so yummy! And you're getting so crafty too. I might have to add one of those Christmas chains to my fan. I LOVE your scarecrow cookies! Those girls in YW are so lucky to have you for a leader. What a fun Christmas party. I'm so bummed that we haven't been able to have one. Maybe a New Year party...

See you tomorrow!

Missy said...

I think I'm going to make that recipe this week. Looks delicious. I have another one to share, that I'll put on my blog that I think you would love.

Sarah said...

You are so creative- what are you talking about? I love the tree, the fan rings and the scarecrow cookies. I'm sure your Beehives loved them as well!

Frei Family said...

Hmm.. i recognize that christmas sweater... last years christmas party was so fun!!

Mands Glenn said...

Okay Martha Stewart! GOsh, when is craft night at your house? I love the scarecrow idea for the Young Women. I am always looking for new ideas for my girls.

Heather said...

You're so creative! Love the craft ideas for Christmas. We're getting pretty festive around here as well.

Thanks for visiting our little blog. We'll keep you posted on the adoption! We're SO EXCITED!

Hope everything is going great with you. Looks like you're having a lot of fun at the Christmas parties, etc.

Brett and Rachel said...

Becky, you totally have to go! Glendale Glitters is the epitome of Christmas! It's at 59th and Glendale and you just park on the street anywhere you can find a spot. It's on Friday and Saturday nights (although I think the lights are up every night) thru the first or second week of Jan. We go every year and love looking at all the fun vendors and listening to the live bands. Best of all, it's FREE (unless of course you buy any food or items from the vendors)! Call me if you have any questions!

S Semon said...

I love your christmas tree....that Cadi did most of the work for! Just kidding.
What did you mean on my blog about being unfaithful? I don't get it!