Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day Recap

These are the amazing cupcakes Zac was so kind to buy me for Valnetine's Day.  He knows how much I love this kind of icing- wait no, i really don't like this kind of icing.  He said it was all they had in the Valentine's tent outside of Frys grocery store.  How t sweet eh?  
Luckily he had these beautiful white roses to go along with them.  
Here are some peanut butter heart cookies I made for our Valentine's Day party we went to.
Pardon the photography, clearly I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to taking pictures.  I also made these little brownie bites, thought they ended up looking a lot like the store bought ones from Costco.
Here are all the wives that were at the party.  The men were grilling chicken and relaxing on the couch.  Sorry no pictures of them.  We played a couple of really fun games and ate yummy food.  The guys really lucked out this year because we had the party on Valentine's day night.
Here is Zac in his new camping chair.  This is what he came home with the other day.  He used his birthday money for it and was beyond excited about it.  He watches t.v. in it, studies in it and even sleeps in it apparently.  Who knew such a simple chair could bring a young man so much joy.
Zac and I celebrated Vday on our own on Friday night.  We went out to dinner and then saw "He's Just NOT That Into You."  We both liked it.  It was different than what we expected, but it was pretty cute.  Overall we had a great weekend.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Are those just the peanut butter cup cookies? Did you just shape the chocolate right after they came out of the oven? I'm very impressed! Cute idea! And was Zac thinking of your mom - she would LOVE the frosting!

Meggan said...

Glad to see a post. You have fun friends that you're always celebrating with.

I had to go private, but email me if you want in. I don't know your email.

Criscell said...

Such beautiful flowers from Zac! Oh, and I need your recipe for those heart shaped chocolate cookies! They look fabulous. What a fun V-day party. You always look like you're having a blast. Are those friends from your ward?

Rachel and Todd said...

I love all the partying you two do. Your treats look delicious! I need to get the peanut butter-chocolate treat recipe--looks delicious!

Sarah said...

Looks like the party turned out well. I love that all of your friends are dressed in red and pink. I can't believe that you still have that pink jacket! Actaully I think mine is still hanging up in my closet! The desserts look delicious. I laughed out loud seeing the cupcakes Zac bought for you- really Zac?!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend!