Saturday, February 7, 2009

Rock Climbing 101

For Zac's birthday we celebrated by going to BJ's-one of our latest favorite restaurants- and then off for some rock climbing.  Not a great idea to eat a huge meal and then put a tight harness on.  We had a lot of fun.  If we had the money we would have a membership, but....we don't.  
Here I am not making too much progress yet.  
Please ignore the extremely sweaty pits of mine.  I guess I shouldn't wear a colored shirt to rock climb next time.  After about an hour and half we were both beat.  Our forearms wanted to be done.  We hit up 7-11 for some slurpees and caught a movie on the couch.  I love his birthday because he always uses his money on something fun and it always includes me.  I feel like it's my birthday too almost.  

If you're wondering why I am just posting about his birthday that was almost 3 weeks ago it's because I finally took my laptop over to my friends and am now using her wireless connection.  What an inconvenience, I know.  That's another thing Zac and I will one day purchase right after we can afford a rock gym membership, the internet.  


11 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

Hi Becky! So the funniest thing happened today. I went into this Physical Therapy office in Dana Point for a job interview today with a husband and wife, and the whole time I kept thinking, this woman looks so much like my friend Becky. I finally decided to ask if she knew you and if there was any relation and she was like "Oh my gosh. Becky is my sister!" Such a small world! I told her about our volleyball days and she even remembered coach George from the Saddleback club. Crazy! Anyway, hope you're doing well. Just thought I'd share that fun little story with you. :)

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday to Zac! Sorry we didn't call. I remembered a few times and was never by the phone. We thought of him though. Glad you had a fun Birthday together!!

Criscell said...

What a FUN b-day!! I want to go rock climbing now too! Where did you go? It was so great to see you guys a couple weeks ago. Thanks so much for coming over last min. like that. Oh, and your desserts were delicious as always!

Sarah said...

Looks like fun! Why don't you guys get a dial-up connection. You can get free trials and although they are slow, at least it's better than nothing. I miss your blogging.

S.A.S. said...

Still loving the haircut Bex. Really cute. And the pits only prove that you worked hard - I'm GOING to wear a colored shirt next time I rock climb (which may be in about 5 years). Still really think you should come for Spring break!

Heather said...

Happy belated Birthday to your hubby! Looks like you had so much fun! There's a gym around here with a huge rock climbing wall. I think you've inspired me to try it out.

Rachel and Todd said...

Becky, YOU rock. I think I'd be too proud to show that I am actually human and do sweat. The sick part is that you still look adorable with a sweat mark. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, ZAC!

Wendy said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I love rock climbing. Derek took me outdoor climbing a couple times when we were dating. That was scary, but so fun! Happy super late birthday Zac!!!!!

Missy said...

I want to see you on the real rock now. And I'm with Sarah - the pit stains just prove that you were working really hard (or were really nervous).

When do you come here next?! We're going to GS 10 times together ok?

hortongirls said...

Beck! I love your new layout! Great job on the rock climbing, I do it at the gym sometimes with my girls and it's HARD! Oh yeah, happy birthday, Zach!

Brett and Rachel said...

Becky, are you guys climbing at Ape Index Rock Gym? Brett is really into climbing and he used to have monthly passes, but lately we've just been going periodically. Thursdays is Lady's Night and it's only $5 so I'm thinking we should go some night. The boys can come too! :)