Thursday, January 28, 2010

Boys or Girls?

We found out we are having...

one Boy and


one Girl!!


I got anxious and had an early ultrasound done to determine the sex of the babies.  We found out we are having one of each- one boy, one girl.  This is what I was secretly hoping for, but I didn't want to say it out loud in case it was something else.  I didn't want to seem ungrateful.  I would have been happy with any combo, but I am ecstatic about this duo.  Now I need to figure out how to make a unisex nursery really cute.  So far I'm liking Pottery Barn Kids selection.  Anyone out there who has any advice or ideas is more than welcome to share their wisdom with me.  I am so inexperienced in this category, well both categories actually- babies and decorating.  

14 comments:

Helen said...

That is so fun! You are so stylish I am sure you will kick butt in the nursery :). Have fun!

Erna said...

So fun!!!

Jennie said...

Awesome! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see if you and Zack will each have a "mini-me". :)

Missy said...

I still can't wipe the grin off my face. Let's chat tonight!!

Chantalle said...

Yay! So fun! I like younghouselove.com...they announced they are having a girl and are working on a nursery right now, and they did a nursery for his sister...both are pretty gender neutral right now. Also, designmom.com is pregnant but has featured lots of nurseries, if you go to her site and then search there are probable some ideas. Ooo, and ohbrooke.com has some interesting (and very modern...sometimes a little too modern for me) ideas for more neutral colors. Good luck! Glad you found out early...we found out early with both of ours...we can't wait! I'm sure you were wanting to know SOO bad!

Ben and Teri said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you.

Our Family said...

That is so exciting! I think every girl secretely wishes for a boy and girl twins. Land of Nod has really cute stuff too, you should at least check it out.

Alissa Morris

Heather said...

Lucky!!! A girl and a boy will be so fun. Congrats again and good luck decorating the nursery! Shea doesn't even sleep in his room so I feel like we did so much work for nothing. Maybe one day he'll be willing to move his bed into his room! ha ha

ashley said...

how fun becky! woo-hoo!

emcghee said...

I agree, I think that's a great "combo"

Mands Glenn said...

AHhhh I love all pottery barn stuff.It's like a dream. My lil Sis designs childrens bedrooms so I will ask her for advice and send her to your blog. So exciting. . . . The best of both worlds! Have fun!

Brett and Rachel said...

So jealous!! I've always wanted boy girl twins since I was like 5 yrs old. So much fun! I'm so excited for you!!

Criscell said...

YIPPEE--one of EACH!!! This was just what I thought you'd have! SOOOO happy for you guys. It was so great to see you last night! Thanks for dinner. We had a wonderful time. (I think you hardly look pg by the way!)

Lacy said...

Congratulations Becky! I am so excited for you! What a dream come true!