Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Uno, Dos!!


Some exciting news from the Freestones-we are pregnant with dos, that's right-twins!!  There are two little tikes growing inside of me right now.  Last night was the first night I felt little flutters in my stomach and I'm pretty sure it's wasn't gas.  I am in my fourth month, fourteen weeks and five days to be exact.  I am the nerd who knows exactly how far along I am to the day.  Every Thursday I'm another week.  I am due July 15th, but will probably deliver anywhere from 2-4 weeks early.  The first 12 weeks I was incredibly sick, not morning sick, but claustrophobic, never goes away sick.  I felt like I had two human parasites in me, eating me alive.  We only had to make one trip to the Emergency Room (knock on wood) for dehydration.  No biggie though, they just gave me some IV fluids and IV Zofran and we were on our way.  The fluids felt like drugs pumping into my veins-it felt soooo good.  After that one visit I started wanting to go there everyday for that rejuvenating feeling.  I was pretty sick through the holidays, hence the absence of any updated posts.  At about 12-13 weeks I began feeling human again and started getting out of bed, taking showers, brushing my teeth and was even able to eat normal meals.  I feel really blessed because I know a lot of people are sick up through week 20 or beyond (knock on wood again).  I'm a little superstitious.  Enough talking, here are some pics. 

      TWIN B
I think this one's a boy.
   TWIN A
Not sure what this one might be.
             ME-the day I found out the test was positive!
While I was sick, Zac was a trooper.  He really had to fend for himself and for me.  I couldn't walk in the kitchen and he couldn't cook anything that smelled.  He brought me everything I ate to the bedroom.  One night he was craving cookies.  He is allergic to raw eggs so he can't touch raw cookie dough.  If you look closely you'll see he put ziplocs over his hands to make them.  How genius.  Needless to say I couldn't leave the bedroom the rest of the night because of the smell.  I don't recall chocolate chip cookies smelling so foul.

This is the father of our future children.  You may wonder what he is doing.  Well he likes to twirl his wedding band on his finger-ALL THE TIME.  It pretty much falls off every time he does it, but he can't break the habit.  It's fallen off in the movie theater, at church during sacrament, in the car and this time in the couch.  You'd think he could just reach down and pull it out of the crack.  But not this time.  It is totally sandwiched in there somewhere and we cannot get it out.  We are going to an Indian Reservation on saturday to buy him a cheap replacement.  

Here is a really bad picture of us at Christmas time.  Taken with my Iphone and my not-long- enough arm to get a decent angle.

Here we are at a tacky Christmas sweater party.  I made my sweater.  I never knew I had such a knack for tackiness.  It was so fun to buy puffy paint.  Such a blast from the past.  Zac sort of looks like a little elf.

This is a really long post for me.  The reason: we just finally got internet today after not having it for over six months.  We never got it hooked up when we moved because we were trying to save money.  Living without the internet is like living without water.  You eventually weaken and die without it.  I was missing out on all my blogger friend's lives, but I'm back and so excited.  We will just go without groceries for a while, a small sacrifice to be reconnected to the outside world.  I am wrapping this up finally, but want to finish by saying how grateful and excited both Zac and I are to have the blessing of finally becoming parents!! 

27 comments:

nicole said...

becky! i'm so excited for you!!! and how fun it is twins! congrats!

Bryan, Natalie, Maya and Little B said...

Twins! Congrats! Now all of your future children will seem like a breeze because you started with a double helping!

Chantalle said...

We are SOO excited for you! How great! I am glad the sickness is over, I think that's the worst part of the whole thing. Congrats!!

Cindy said...

Congratulations!! I'm SO excited for you! Twins! That's great! The first trimester is the worst! The rest should be a breeze! Take care of yourself! I'm excited for updates!!!

Aubrey Messick said...

Congratulations Becky!!! I am beyond thrilled for you. I hope you'll keep us up to date on the babies' genders and all that good stuff. And I hope you're feeling better these days and can actually enjoy some of this pregnancy. xoxo

Rachel and Todd said...

You will be wonderful parents, what lucky babies you have inside of you! Don't worry, you'll probably forget, in about 1 year, how sick you were. Todd says, "We're already training Henry to be an annoying cousin, to give your kids wedgies and noogies!" A boy and a girl, that's my bet.

Lindsey said...

I am so freaking excited for you I can hardly stand it. I love you and wish you the best of luck. You deserve it.

erin said...

Congrats Becky!! I am so happy for you. You will be such a fun mom.

McKee's Madness said...

Becky that is sooo awesome... I am so excited for you two. You deserve this more than anyone I know. You guys will be amazing parents. We just had our little girl Abby and she is such a blessing in our lives I can't even imagine having 2 of them and what joy they will bring you. Oh yeah and I am sooo glad that you are feeling better. Nothing worse than feeling like crap all day long. Love ya!!!!

Jennie said...

Becky!!! I teared up when I saw the baby ultrasound pics! How exciting! I'm so happy for you and glad that you are feeling better. You deserve it!

LOVE the sweaters. :)

Criscell said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! YIPPEE!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you guys!!! I can't even tell you how happy I am! You soooo deserve this!!! I can't believe I just talked to you on Sunday and you didn't say a word about this! I'm so sorry I had to go that day. I tried to call you back but I missed you again. I'll try to call you again. We've GOT to get together!!!!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

congrats! i hope you feel better from here on out:)

S Semon said...

Oh Becky! I am SO happy for ya! That is very exciting! I couldn't be happier for ya!

Erna said...

Oh, Becky that is wonderful!!! Congratulations. I am so very happy for yo

Heather said...

Congratulations Becky and Zac! I'm so happy for you! Twins! What fun! And I imagine it will be pretty crazy...but you're ready for it and will have much help I'm sure. Glad you're not feeling sick anymore and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Can't wait to hear more updates!

emcghee said...

Hey Becky, it's Erin Lund (woffinden). Congrats on the pregnancy, that is so exciting. I'm so happy for you that you are feeling better. I always felt so bad for Holly when she was pregnant and so sick!

And f.y.i for Zac, you don't need eggs to make cookies! There are so many replacements!

Hepworths said...

Oh my gosh, I'm crying with this amazing news! So happy for you Becky! And Two...you're having TWO! So sad you had to experience the "morning sickness", and I agree with you, it should be called the 24 hour for 4 months sickness. It might be the worst thing in the world. Can't wait for more updates. I'm giddy right now!

Missy said...

I think I've told you a million times before now but I am so so happy for you two. I can't keep the smile off my face.

Can't wait to come out and visit (hopefully right after you find out what you are having...my guess is still two girls!) and then come again to help you care for these two babies when your mom's leave.

Glad you are feeling better. Nothing is worse that nausea!

Mands Glenn said...

Guys, I just gasped and told Jage," Zac and Becky are pregnant." We are so pumped for you guys. Glad you are starting to feel a bit better. No one can really prepare you for how crappy you feel at the beginning.

I loved the story of Zac's ring. I just bought Jordan his 3rd wedding ring for Christmas this year. The first one I bought was a pretty nice one, second one from Walmart for $45, and now the third one was $8.00 off of Amazon.com. ha! Boys. . .

Lillie said...

Oh Becky!!! I'm so excited for you! It's so fun when you don't know someone's pregnant 'till so far in, because now you're going to have them before I know it! I can't wait to see you documenting it all. Congratulations-- sooo happy for you.

Brett and Rachel said...

CONGRATS!!!! We are so happy for you that your prayers were answered. And SOOO excited for you. What fun to have twins! Glad you are finally feeling better. I never would have guessed. You look great!

Eric and Jackie said...

Becky! CONGRATULATIONS! Twins!?! That is awesome, I wish you the BEST of luck! It has been so long since I have checked blogs and this was such an amazing surprise! I am so excited for you and glad you are feeling better!

Whitney said...

congratulations, becky!! that's wonderful! double the fun! hope you're feeling better!

Jason and Mackenzie said...

Yeah Becky! I am so happy for you and Zac. You guys are going to be great parents!

Ben and Teri said...

Love all the pics. We are so excited for you guys!!

Sarah said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!! And Happy Birthday to Zac! Glad he had a fun day! You can let Zac know that Jon does the same thing with his ring all the time and has lost it a few times. I guess it's a guy thing. I think he's trying to purposely lose it so he doesn't have to wear it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the two of you. Soon there will be four Freestones. I am so excited for you. Let me know if there is anything I can do. When the babies are born, I can help there too. I am really good at taking care of babies! LOL