Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Quote of the Day!

"Powerful people and institutions keep their power by convincing people that they are too small to make a difference- that they should be insecure about their appearance, their knowledge, and the state of their soul. Much of our economy is built on convincing people they are not good enough!"
-Jennifer Farnham

This is for all of us who allow ourselves to be influenced by others in a negative way. Sometimes we aren't even aware of who or what effects us day to day. My in-laws gave Zac and I this quote and we keep it on our fridge.

4 comments:

S.A.S. said...

Ok, something is definitely wrong with my commenting ability since I commented last night and voila! It's gone! Argh. Sarah, check your internet connection...

I love that quote - thanks for sharing. It's a good reminder to be who we are, and not pay attention to outside sources who live to belittle. We're hard enough on ourselves usually without worrying about what the scrutinizers of the world are thinking. It's also why it's nice to have wonderful friends and family who buoy us up. Thank goodness for those people.

Lacy said...

Thanks for the quote Becky. I've always admired those people who seem totally uninterested in the opinions of others. Who actually do things because it is what they want to do not because they think it will please the most people or the most people they respect.

Lillie said...

Thanks for sharing Becky- good one. I wish I didn't need reminding in this but I do. It's scary to think we'd let the "world" tell us what is valuable or praiseworthy. Luckily we have somewhere else to look for that, but living in the world it's good to be reminded.

S.A.S. said...

becky - how's life.. work... your apt... zac... a new post! (am i just getting antsy?)