Friday, March 23, 2007

Warnick Idol




So I get really into American Idol for those of you who did not already know this. I hosted the second annual Warnick Family American Idol. The second year was put on due to high demand from the grandchildren. Luckily the parents (my siblings) were supportive and another succesful performance occured. However, there were a few minor clitches in the first year that required some revisions for season two. The first major one was the competition factor had to be eliminated, along with the awesome prizes given for those who placed. I was afraid making this change would strip the fun right out of the night, but thankfully everyone had a good attitude and was still enthusiastic about it. The kids were a little confused as to why their was no judging this year. We had to keep telling them they were all winners, but they didn't like that too much. I guess they are just naturally competitive-it's in our blood I'm afraid.

The other change was instead of each adult doing their own performances, we had couples perform a famous duet. Zac and I chose a Stevie Wonder song, "I just called to say I Love You." Zac makes a great Stevie Wonder. Christy and Adam sang "Don't You Love me Baby." Christy was able to relive her high school cheerleading years. It was awesome. Cortney sang/danced to a rather odd song about a frog. Apparently she's acquired her dancing skills from her mother, Holly. Cortney says they have dance parties all the time and her mom shows her lots of new moves. Sarah and Jon sang a country song about a fiddler. My parents sang a Shania Twain song, shocking, I know, my mom chose a country song. She is about as country as they come.

The night was definately a night to remember. It is true what they say, you have to create your own memories. It was a great way to kick off the American Idol season and unleash some Warnick talent.

P.S. Did anyone hear about the lady who is not eating until Sanjaya gets voted off? More power to her is all I have to say. Who is voting for that poor boy? Lets put him out of his misery and get on with this contest.

2 comments:

S.A.S. said...

Becky! What a crack-up! Of course your imaginative self create this night of magic for the Warnicks. And thank you for sharing the sights and descriptions. I'm dying and would have loved to have been a fly on the wall. Please can you make the pics of you and Zac pop-out (ha, says the girl who can't do it for the life of her). I want to see up close!

Sing on Becky Shae, sing on.

Missy said...

I'm dying. The story and pictures are so great. Becky, thank you for sharing these classic photos. I kinda felt like I was there.