Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tag-it-up!!

Thanks to my dear friend Carly I get to write lots of things about myself and not even feel bad about it. I guess I've been asked to share seven things about me.

1. I don't have much of a memory for anything, my childhood, my husband's kind and not so kind acts of love, and what I did yesterday. In a way not having sharp memory is a blessing. My parents could have really messed up when I was a kid and I would never know. Zac has escaped many situations where he may have messed up, but instead convinced me he remembers what "really happened".
I blame this lack of memory on my sister Christy. She dropped me on my head when I was 6 weeks old, about five feet, onto the asphault. My parents let her hold me in the car on the way to church. She was only 7 or 8 years old. When she went to open the door I fell through her arms and bam, "like a watermelon splattering from a tower", says my mom. The miracle, I didn't have one cut on my head and no brain damage, so they say. Yeah, I guess you could say it was a miracle. Does that make me a miracle baby?

2. I have some seriously strange quirks. I will just list them.
*I use Cheetos to eat my yogurt.
*I shake my whole body when I shake/toss up salads.
*I never shut the door while using the bathroom. I don't like to feel disconnected.
*I sip my soda through a straw made of licorice.
*I've never cried in a movie.
*I get up at least 3 times during the night to pee.
*I squirt whip cream straight into my mouth right before I got ot bed. I like the creamy coding in my throat. Not gross, good.
*I wash my hair twice a week.

3. I am completely obsessed with Christmas. I start going through withdrawals in June so I rent all the classic Christmas movies. This act usually gets me through until November 1st, the first day Zac allows me to start celebrating the holiday with him. Since then, I have decorated the apartment, listened to all my Christmas cd's (I have about 20) and started thinking about what to ask for. Sometimes when I am bored I walk through the Christmas aisles at Wal-Mart. It's the closest to the North Pole I can think of. If you see me walking down the street with a big grin and my IPOD, I am most likely listening to Christmas music thinking of fun traditions. Not to worry.

4. My first date with my husband should have caused me to never return his phone calls, but I didn't. Fortunately, I am not turned off by guys who have to ask to use a strangers bathroom for 20 minutes while out for a jog, with a girl they just met, me. I won't go into detail.

5. I don't hold grudges. I think it is my gift in life. You know how most people have gifts like a beautiful voice, amazing creativity, or a huge heart. No, mine just allows me not to hate anyone.

6. This is a lot of information about me, you are welcome to quit now. You could make some comment on one of the previous items and I would never even know you didn't finish my lengthy autobiography. Oh yeah, number six, I talk a lot. I have a lot of random thoughts in my head going one-hundred miles an hour all day long until my head hits the pillow, and then I am out for the night. If I were stranded on a desert all alone, I could probably keep myslef entertained.

7. I love my family- A LOT!!! My parents have always been there for me. My siblings are my life-lines (cheesy, my statement, not my sisters). Last, but not least, my husband is one of a kind, perfect for me.

The people I tag are:

Sarah Draper
Wendy Thomas
Holly Lang
Sarah Stancliff
Missy Heid
Lillie Biesinger
Jenny Whiting

Write seven things about yourself and then choose seven others to tag. Have FUN!!

11 comments:

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

I love christmas too! o thought i would comment on that one since you gave permission to quit reading before i got to the end... just kidding! i read them all and laughed my head off!

Anonymous said...

I was talking to Maribel one day, and I said to her "She must have been dropped on her head when she was a baby". Now it all makes sense. I am so glad I know the truth now. I hope you heal from that soon.

Becca said...

Becky this is Becca Marchbanks Adams your old roomie. I got to your blog through Sarah's. It is so good to see some pics and read all the updates. I can't believe it has been like 6 years since we lived together! A lot has canged in my life too, you can check out our blog at leviandbecca.blogspot.com
take care and talk to you soon.
Becca

Mands Glenn said...

Becky, I love the one about the whipped cream in your mouth before bed. I am totally a night eater and can totally relate. You are one funny girl! And, by the way. .. I am so sorry that I haven't called you back. I totally never listen to my messages and just listened to yours yesterday. Lets do OFFICE NIGHT sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Becky, I'm starting to think we are a lot alike, except that I have a good memory and I don't squirt whip cream down my throat every night. I loved your list and I loved seeing pics of Christy's fam. Why is Samantha the only one that has brown eyes? And could Abbey look any more like Christy? What is this boy gotten himself into?

ashley said...

i totally remember that story about you being dropped on your head. so sad/funny, and crazy that you were fine.

soda through a licorice straw is sooo good. do you know they make chocolate straw things to drink the milk from your cerial with? crazy, kids really need chocolate at 7 am.

Missy said...

As having been a longtime sleepover friend and ex-roommate of yours, I will attest to the "talking, talking, talking" until you lay down and then you are OUT.

Cheetos + yogurt is gross Becky.

Wendy said...

Am I seriously supposed to write 7 things about me? I don't have 7 interesting things to write about. Do you have any suggestions for me? By the way, your list is pretty great and a few of the comments are the same as mine would be. Oh yeah...I don't have 7 other people to tag!

Talene said...

Fun to read! I learned a little bit morea about you. We need to hang out sometime and play games or something.

Jill M said...

Loe that you don't like the bathroom door shut, me neither. I hate. I have even been caught in college by neighbors and had to mad dash it to shut the door before they saw anything!

Lillie said...

I read this stuff and feel so jipped (sp??) that I didn't have more girl time when we all lived together. There's so much I didn't know!! It took me a while to realize why, that I was dating Ross before we moved into Tortilla Flat so really... I was always engaged and half-gone. Cheetos with yogurt?? Seriously? And I thought the "concoction" was a little different (although I love it myself)...

You make me feel like I'm missing out on all this time to celebrate Christmas. I always feel like I have to wait until Thanksgiving is over... but that does leave such a short time to really enjoy your decor/music/etc.... you've inspired me.

And I do kind of miss your bathroom visits outside my door with the door open. Oh Becky. You're one in a million.

P.S. Now we all know your secret to commenting on long posts. Cheater.