Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankful for....

I am thankful that it is now officially time to start celebrating for Christmas. I have already purchased some red plaid (traditional Christmas plaid) shoes, a red sweater and some red earings. I am ready to go, I don't know where, but I am ready. I guess I'll have to plan a Christmas party so I can wear my new apparel. I am going to write a top ten list of things I love about Christmas.

1. Gift giving (and receiving)
2. Carolling to neighbors
3. Family togtherness time
4. No work
5. Baking and eating yummy treats
6. Watching the movie "Elf" with no grief from Zac
7. Santa Claus in the mall
8. the smell of pine
9. Tinsel, yes, the cheap stuff from Wal-mart that glitters and falls off all over the carpet.
10. Amy Grant's "Breath of Heaven" I get the chills every time I listen to it. That, and Josh Groban's "O Holy Night"- breath-taking

I could go on, but that will have to do for now. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. HO HO HO HO HO HO!!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it. Love everything about this post and everything about Christmas. Bring on the holidays!!!

Holly said...

I totally agree about all those things except the tinsel. WHAT? That just reminds me of...well, we'll discuss that later. Anyway, I'm also excited about Christmas and watching Elf, Grinch, that cute Santa Clause movie and whatever else. So fun!

Cindy said...

Hey thanks for the comment Becky! Yes, I know... I can't believe Jack is 7 months old
either! Time flies.... I checked your blog out and it's really cute.
You look like you're having fun with your hubby! It's good to hear
from you!

S.A.S. said...

Jingle bells, jingle bells...
Nothing reminds me of Christmas like you do Bex. Your enthusiasm is contagious! I LOVED your decorated house in mid-November, and think that it's a perfectly wonderful thing to get excited about. Let's post some photos of the red plaid, huh?
Miss you!

Missy said...

Seriously, can you post a photo of your new outfit? You might not have anywhere to go, but you can put a photo on your blog!