Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Way too much fun!!

Sarah Stancliff, my old roommate of three and a half years came to visit from D.C. She is one of those friends you always keep in touch with and no matter how long it's been it feels like just yesterday since you last talked. She has the ability to light up a room, make you laugh, inspire you to be better and make you feel loved. She is one of a kind. I have been begging her to come to Arizona for a while now, and it finally happened. She flew across the country because she is such a sweet friend and would do anything for anybody and not think a thing of it. The day finally came that she arrived and...

Our first stop- Bajio of course. We have voted and it's the best fresh mex ever!



After we were highly satisfied from a delicious lunch, we went to the driving range where Sarah had her first experience swinging a golf club, ever. Her form is unbelievable, I know. She was wacking the ball. She is obviously a natural.



Of course Sarah got her custom made cake. She use to make the best "better than sex cake" when we were roomies so I thought I would give it a try for old times sake. She has to tell me her secret because mine just didn't compare.



This is us just having some fun on our way to see "Dan in Real Life." By far the funniest movie I've seen in a long time.



We made a trip to Wal-Mart because these are where some of our most cherished times were spent on Friday nights in Provo. We would turn in our film, (back in the day when people still did that) and then shop around for an hour until it was done. This time we gave ourselves a time limit. We had fifteen minutes to find our friend, Isac, a birthday present for under a dollar.



We are all looking at a little dissolving dinosaur in the sink. This is the best Dustin could come up with for a gift. This just goes to show you can have fun doing nothing with the right company.



On Monday we hiked Camelback mountain. It was a lot of fun. I am really out of shape. The hike wasn't that long, it was just kind of steep. It felt so good to get some fresh air and some awesome weather.



We couldn't end the visit with out watching the Family Man. I think I have watched this movie at least 100 times with Sarah when we were in college. Her passion for it is still alive and well so we had to watch it. It's not my favorite movie, but with her it's so fun because she loves it so much. I don't think we ever went to bed before 2:30. I felt young and spontaneous again and it was so fun. I will be paying for the lack of sleep this next week, but it was so worth it.



Some other things we did that we forgot to document:

Sarah taught me how to be a ballerina
Skittles bowling
Ate at the Grand Lux Cafe and Texas Roadhouse (my new favorite restaurant)
Watched "Office" re-runs
Went on a "walk and talk"
Ate ice cream, brownies, cake, caramel apples, and candy and Trader Joe treats provided by Sarah
Went to the mall
Listened to Christmas music

Sarah, thank you for making our weekend feel like a vacation for us too. Zac and I were so entertained having such a lively house-guest for a few days. I need you to do me a small favor and move out here. We could have this much fun everyday. Think about it, ok?

6 comments:

S.A.S. said...

I'm blushing. Most of all because it was YOU and the Az's who made this trip a delight Bex! I had the BEST time, and can't believe how many fun things we did. I'd almost forgot about the parlor tricks: you with ballet, Zac with the snap/clapping... I really feel like it was one big long slumber party, with 5 full grown adults. Thank you SO much, and please will you send me your pics so I can post too? Miss you already!!!

Mands Glenn said...

OH my gosh I love when old friends visit. You guys had a blast. Is there really a Bajio here in Az. We need to go! And, I would love the " Better than sex" Cake recipe. Are you guys in town over the 2 week break? Call me and I promise I will call back. Maybe " The Office" tommorow?

Sarah said...

It looks like you had so much fun with Sarah there. I've always really liked her and think she is so fun to be around- not to mention the fact that she has a knack for making anyone feel good about themself! That was so nice of her to come out and visit. Maybe someday your favorite sister will come visit you!

Missy said...

So glad you guys had so much fun! It looks like you packed just about everything into the weekend that you could.

I relaly like the photo of you guys in front of Wal Mart - you both look so pretty.

Lillie said...

How did I not realize Sarah was out there??! You guys really are pretty close to me. Makes me feel good. :) SOunds like SUCH a fun weekend. I want to see you Beck!

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky to have such a great friend! Looks like you've gathered quite a few close girl friends over the years. I admire that.

I hope to make a holiday appearance at the Warnicks this year! Hope to see you soon!