Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving in California

Here are just a few highlights from our Thanksgiving break. We went to California for ten days. It was so much fun. I love vacations.



Carli and I reunite. I am her favorite sister so she is always real excited to see me.



So cute!! It was a long day and Carli had had it. She tends to fall asleep on Zac's shoulder a lot. I finally captured the sweet moment in this photo.



One of my favorite places to eat whenever I go home is The Crab Cooker. The best seafood restaurant ever!!



I don't take too many pictures with my mom and she is such a great lady. She made our trip so enjoyable by feeding us yummy food, taking us shopping and saying some pretty funny and random things. It's never boring when she's around.



This is the whole Warnick clan. We like to eat, a lot, especially on Thanksgiving. I think we had at least twenty different dishes going on, and I am not over-exagerating.



Since Zac and I made it two years together we decided it would be appropriate to take some more updated engagement pictures just for fun. This is just one of many.



Zac and I took Carli bowling one afternoon. This was a day she had been waiting for since September when I promised her we would take her. Everytime after she would bowl she would check her phone and say, "oh man, nobody called me." It started to break my heart so I decided to do something about it. I would call her from my phone as she was finishing her last turn. As she was walking back to her seat she would hear her phone ring and get all excited that someone was calling her. When she answered I tried to disguise my voice, but she caught on. The funny thing is she didn't even care it was me. She was just glad someone was calling her. It became annoying though because after every turn she made me call her. She thought it was hilarious. We had a good laugh.



Along with bowling it has become tradition to finish the night with In-N-Out. This is one of Carli's many favorite fast food joints, along with McDonald's, Wendy's, Jack-In-the-Box, and Burger King. If they serve cheeseburgers and fries, it's her favorite. You'll notice in the picture she is very focused on her food, not even able to look up at the camera for just one second.



Here she is fighting Zac for the fries.



Have I mentioned she likes a lot of ketchup? One order of fries, ten packets of ketchup. You tell me.



For our two-year Anniversary my parents sent us to Disneyland. It was so fun to feel like a kid again. Except we didn't really feel all that young because we got sick on almost every rollercoaster we went on. Zac felt nauseaus and I felt dizzy. What's happened to us? Not only that but Zac is pure tourist here. Camera around the neck, sweatshirt up high around the waist, tennis shoes with jeans and just a few minutes before the picture was taken he had a huge Disney sucker in his hands. All he needs is a fanny pack.



The first Saturday we were there we went shopping for dresses. Wendy and I were "fighting" over this dress. Instead of one of us giving in, we both decided to buy it. Not only that, but we walked into church together wearing it. A little embaressing. It brought back major memories of when our mom would make us match every Sunday.

So that was the jist of our vacation. It was hard to return to the reality of school for Zac and work for me. It's always nice to sleep in your own bed again though. Now it's Chirstmas prep for the next few weeks. I love this time of year!!!

8 comments:

S.A.S. said...

Ok, this is a record post Bex! You Warnicks (and Freestones) know how to fill a holiday. I LOVE the pics with Carli - ESPECIALLY the fry one because I laughed so hard I cried at the fry story from last time. Tell me you ordered two batches to she could lend you a fry. You finally bowled - she must have been thrilled. I only hope you introduced her to Skittles bowling. I love you and Wendi and the twinner dresses. I just love your outfit in every picture. Where did you get your black peep-toes and are they wedges? I'm going to start sending you $ and having you be my personal shopper - just buy me one of whatever you get you.

And an anniversary at Disneyland? What could be better? Tell Zac hi - I miss you guys!!!

Mands Glenn said...

Looked like such a fun trip. You guys got some really great shots of you and Zach together. I love Disneyland and I totally laughed about your fanny pack comment. Sorry i missed the volleyball game. Lil totally fell asleep at like 6:45. Hope to see ya soon!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

ok ok, i am lovin carli!! she is lara to the Tee! lara loves ryan, won't share her fries, LOVES ketchup, gets prank calls from me (i know, rude of me), and yesterday she called me (nov 28th) and asked what i wanted bc she had a missed call from me on her "cell-a-phone". i told her i didn't call and she said "yeah you call me on the 20th and i just wanna know what you want?" she was right i did call her on the 20th but that is when we were all in gilbert for thanksgiving and i called lara's phone bc she was with my mom at the store who was not answering her phone. i thought it was so funny that she did not notice a missed call from me for over a week and then returned the call acting like i had just called her. they need to be best friends!

Missy said...

I love the ketchup photo too. That is so great - it's like she's just having a little bit of french fry with her ketchup.

Great update on your Turkey Day...so sad that we couldn't get together though. This move has taken over my life - New Years Beck, New Years.

Jill M said...

Becky, I am jealous that you had In -n-out and saw Sarah. Son't you just love family and holidays.

Lillie said...

Gosh Becky-- you just get more and more beautiful. You're so sparkly and tan and blonde! Are you pregnant or something?

Whenever I see pictures of your family I think-- that's the kind of family I hope mine grows into. It just looks so warm and busy.

Jennie said...

You are so cute with your sis Carli! It was fun to see a pic of all your family too, to see who looks alike and so on.

I agree with the above comments, you have a great sense of style! I absolutely loved your black polka dot dress today!!

Sarah said...

Becky, you look hot in all of those pictures! I really like your hair the way it is right now. It was so fun to have you down- I'm excited for New Year's- American Idol, Baby!