Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pseudo Mom

I am in Califronia taking care of Carli and Justin right now. For those who may not know, they are my younger sister and brother. All I have to say is I don't know how all you mothers out there do it. Taking care of kids is soooo exhausting. It seems like the work never ends. As soon as I finish cleaning up breakfast they are already asking what is for lunch. It feels like one continuous mess to clean up. I love it though. It feels good to be needed, to have someone completely dependent upon you. It is so much more fulfilling than taking people's cheesecake orders. So much attention goes to them and so little to me and I love it. I can't wait to be a mom. I have a new appreciation for all my friends who are mothers.

I was telling Zac all of this and he said, "well you can take care of me like that if it makes you feel better. I would love to have someone clean up after me and make all my meals." I quickly reminded him I practically already do that anyways. We had a good laugh. In some ways I guess I already am a mother for one, my dear, sweet husband.

I will definitely post pictures along with some of the highlights from the past week when I return to Arizona.

4 comments:

Criscell said...

That's so nice of you to do that, Becky! Being a mom IS challenging some days...but also very rewarding. You will be a great Mom, no doubt about it! We miss you!

Jill M said...

Hi Becky. YOu are such a good big sister.

S.A.S. said...

I'll be Justin and Carli have been looking forward to this for weeks - cool Aunt Becky coming to play mom. I can't wait to hear some good Carli stories (please say you've been to In and Out already), and catch up.

Mands Glenn said...

You are going to make one fun Mama some day. You are so lucky to be home in Cali. Have fun with your bro and sis. Miss you in Az! Great time to be away when the boys are totally in study- finals mode!