Friday, October 10, 2008

Pumpkin Sheetcake

Caution:  Extremely addicting


I've had a few people ask me for this recipe so here it is.  It was given to me by my sister-in-law, Tasha, who happens to be one of the best bakers I know.

*Preheat oven to 350 and grease a jelly roll pan (10x15)

Mix together:
1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil

Then add:
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt

I like to add milk chocolate chips to the mixture.  It's good either way though.

Blend all together and pour into pan.  
Cook for 25-30 minutes.
Let cool and then frost.

Cream Cheese Frosting:

4 oz. cream cheese softened
1/2 cup butter softened
1 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups powder sugar
Beat with a mixer and spread over cooled cake. 

I like it cold better so I keep it in the fridge once it is completely cooled.

It's the best, there's nothing else to say!

8 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

Totally making this today to give to my young women at church and while Jordan is studying All Freeking Day Long. Thanks for the recipe! I missed ya at the baby shower.

Criscell said...

That looks delicious and if you made it then I know it is for sure! Can't wait to make it. How are you doing? Did you go to girls' night? Caleb had baseball that night so I didn't go.

Jennie said...

Mmm...I'm going to have to try this. I love fall foods!

I'm so happy for you about applying for adoption. I hope everything (paperwork,etc) is working out. Miss you.

Bethany said...

sarah made this today-so good!!

Sarah said...

I made it for the baby blessing and it was soooo good! I'll definitely be making it again. Oh, and I used semisweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate- still so good!

S.A.S. said...

I heart pumpkin! I'm going to give you recipe for pumpkin pancakes in return - this looks amazing!! I'm a little worried that mine won't be 1/10th as good as yours, but maybe if you coach me...

I heart you way more than pumpkin, and can't believe I get to see you in about 24 hours. Yay!!! Thank you thank you for coming. Can't wait to play!

Rachel and Todd said...

Mmmmm. Looks to die for. Tash is the best.

Mands Glenn said...

SO i just got around to making this like 2 days ago and we love it. So easy to make and so delicious. Totally keeping this recipe in my recipe box. Thanks for sharing. Have any more?