Saturday, October 4, 2008

The past month

So here is what I've been up to lately:

 At a brunch with some friends I work with in Young Women's.  That is my neighbor's baby I am holding.  She is so cute!

Another creation of mine-Creamy Pea Soup.  I loved it, Zac...not so much.  I topped it with some cheese, roasted red bell pepper and some crackers.  We dipped grilled cheese sandwiches in them-yum.  Have I mentioned how good it is to be able to eat again?

So this past month has been great.  I truly believe more than ever when one door closes another door opens.  Zac and I have been in the process of applying for adoption.  It has kept me really busy.  I feel like Zac and I have really bonded from working on some of the questionnaires together, answering difficult questions and discussing interesting topics concerning parenthood.  Each day we are getting closer to being finished and eligible to  hopefully be placed with a child.  

I got a new job this past week.  I work for a doctor in a family practice clinic.  I never thought I could work in an office, but this one is different.  Everyone I work with is so nice and fun to be around.  I stay pretty busy through out the day and so the time flies by.  I feel so blessed to have found such a great place to work.  It was kind of ironic how I stumbled upon this job.  I'll give you a quick summary.  I took my friend to Urgent Care last saturday night and was really impressed with the doctor (I am now working for) and all of his staff.  It made me want to work there so I asked if he was hiring.  He said, "Yes, as a matter of fact we are looking for someone to work the front office."  The next day I was working.  It feels good to be productive again.  However I will miss my days spent strolling through Costco tasting samples and lunch dates with such great friends.  All good things  must some to an end.

My gift to myself for finding a job I am excited about: Acrylics!

I finally got my nails done, like really done.  I have always wanted to have fake nails and when I got this job I knew the time had come.  I have never been able to with volleyball and then working as a waitress forever.  I am not going to lie, they are a little annoying for the following reasons:
  *they hurt
  *I can't take my contacts out, minor setback
  *I can't lick out my pudding cups anymore
  *I can't bite my nails 
  *I can't open the little flap on my cell phone so I can charge my phone
  *I can't type
Other than that, they're great.  The price I pay for vanity-eek.  My goal is to see how long I can keep them before I pull them off.  I really want to get little snowmen on them come November 1st.  We'll see.  

So the fact I would put this on my blog means I am not vain-right?  Zac kept making me make psycho faces until he saw what he wanted to capture on camera.  He could not get over how freaky I looked in this photo.  I mean he was rolling on the bed laughing after he took it.  It is a bit scary.  How dumb am I to keep making faces to appease him, his laugh is just so funny though.  I guess we were really bored one saturday morning.  He had just given me a scalp massage.  Put that and my greasy hair together and wala.

17 comments:

S Semon said...

One time in your post I am your neighbor, then the next time I am your friend....I guess I can be both!
I love the pic of you....hilarious!

Mands Glenn said...

Beck,
So glad to hear you are doing well. So cool about the whole adoption process. I'm sure there is just tons of paperwork!
Congrats with the new job. It sounded like it was meant to be. I only hear about people losing their jobs these days.

I totally remember getting my nails done. I feel the same way about them as you do, but they look so pretty. YOu have nice, long, slender hands and can wear the nails with style. I'm sure Zach loves the back rubs!

Helen said...

Congrats on the nails, the new job, and getting closer to being approved for adoption!

Bethany said...

I think the soup looks good! I would love the recipe!

The nails look great, but I agree they're annoying!

Keep us posted on the adoption info - good luck!!!

Heather said...

Becky! I'm so excited that you and Zac are adopting! Can't wait to hear more! We had our homestudy a week ago. We should be on a waitlist by November/ December.

Glad to see that you're doing so well. That picture is pretty psycho though. ha ha

Chalece said...

Becky, glad to hear you are doing well. You are so strong, you amaze me. Good luck with the new job and adoption.

Criscell said...

Becky, you crack me up! I can't believe how optimistic you are. Love you tons!
P.S. I love pea soup...you're such a good cook!
P.S.S. I love your nails too!

Frei Family said...

YAY!!I am excited about your new job!! It sounds super fun!! What a great place to work!

Missy said...

Post the pea soup recipe Beck! I want it too...

That photo of you almost had me rolling on the bed too. You're so funny - so happy to hear about the adoption process and where that will lead. Keep the updates on that coming! And let's talk again this week.

Congrats on your nails, I know you've always wanted them...

Lindsey said...

I love that you want snowmen on your nails and that you want them on November 1st! As difficult as they are, they do look good.

Ben and Teri said...

That picture of you is awesome. You are such a good sport to put it on your blog for all of us to laugh at.

Meggan said...

So tell me how you are getting your contacts out these days then?

Yay for adopting! Beats being so sick.

You should post that pic on Halloween. It's a little frightful.

Lauren said...

hey Becky! This is Lolo from the Y. I love that you posted that last picture. It's absolutely classic and I'm very impressed that you got your nails done. I give it up to those women because I could never do it. I did it for our wedding and it was not only the first time but it was the last time also. Good luck with them. It looks like you guys are doing great!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

congrats on the new job! keep us posted on the adoption process. that is so exciting.

Brett and Rachel said...

How exciting! A new job, and hopefully a new baby eventually! So are you working at the Urgent Care or another office? Brett has one of his rotations at the Urgent Care on Deer Valley and 75th Ave and I work right next to the one on Union Hills and 86th, so you might be bumping into one of us sooner or later.

Jill M said...

I have an adopted sister and 3 adopted nephews. My sister has a quote that says, Childbirth is an act of nature, Adoption is an act of God. I am sooo excited you are going that route. Your baby awaits!! Be patient, and know God will send you a family (after a few years my sister got 3 boys in 4 years).

Sarah said...

I'm so happy that you guys are pursuing adoption- good luck! I can't believe that you got fake nails- that is awesome and a little random! I have no words for the last picture.