Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Every Christmas Eve my family does a talent show.  It is usually pretty entertaining considering the fact not one of us has any talent, at least not on a stage.  Zac and I performed a synchronized swimming routine to Andrea Bocelli.  I'll tell you what- not easy with out a pool.  We made do with a blue sheet the water.


As if that weren't enough humiliation we carried on our annual American Idol night the week after Christmas.  We always do this to kick off the season.  This was the fourth season of this tradition.  We performed to the song entitled "Jessie's Girl."  Not the best, but it was acceptable.  My family is a tough crowd to please.  There is a competition factor involved so sometimes it gets a little ugly.  The prize is cash .... do you blame us??

Three reasons for me posting this picture for all to see:
1.  Zac starts singing "Who Let the Dogs Out" every time I make this face.
2.  Anyone ever seen the Seinfeld with the pirate blouse-enough said.
3.  This is what having to get up when it is still dark outside to get to church by 8:00 makes you want to do- be ugly!

Can you say Ralphie from the Christmas story?  Pretty close look alike, but he is actually just my very cute and incredibly bright nephew, Nathan.

Just what the doctor ordered- a little bit of physical activity for the Carli girl.  Thanks to Zac for showing her how to play some of the games with out actually having to move.  Gotta love her.

Zac and I on Christmas Eve, the last of my red and green apparel.

Carli enjoyed matching every day I was there.  She would go change after she saw what I was wearing every morning.  It was pretty flattering actually.  Some classic quotes from Carli this vacation:
1.  "I tooted"
2.  We were playing Catch Phrase, it's Carli's turn and the word is "nothing."  She says, "you know what I do around the house."
3.  I ask her one morning, "How many Kraft singles did you eat?"  She says "what?" with a puzzled look.  I hten proceed to count six wrappers hiding under the table.
4.  "Whatever."  "Pllleeease!"
5.  I say, "Carli rinse your ice cream bowl out."  She replies, "Are you kidding me?"
We had a fun time in California, but were happy to get back to Arizona.  Thanks family for making Christmas 2008 so memorable.  Love ya lots.

14 comments:

Jennie said...

Becky!! Your hair is adorable! I love it both straight and curly in your new length.

Your sis Carli is hilarious!

I would have peed my pants if I saw your synchronized swimming act.

PS. Brynlee saw your "dog" face and said it looked "pretty scary". :)

Helen said...

What fun traditions! I love the swimming. You guys are too fun. How's the adoption journey going? We just got approved and are waiting for the new web site to go live.

Criscell said...

BECKY! You cut your hair!! Who did it? It looks darling! It makes me want to cut mine too. Sounds like you had a blast at home. I'm so glad. The pics were so funny. You have an awesome family. We'll have to get together soon! Love ya!

Meggan said...

Carli is too much. She writes my dad letters every Sunday and gives them to him. The latest is talking about her Wii Fit. Hope she enjoys that.

Love your hair. I'm excited for what this new year has to bring you!

Ben and Teri said...

I love reading your blog. It always makes me smile. Sounds like you had an awesome vacation. I can't wait for American Idol to start. We need to have a party.

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

cute hair! when are you bringing carli out here to visit? let me know and I will arrange for Lara to come out too! maybe they can do the wiifit together while we eat ice cream and watch them:)

Brett and Rachel said...

Becky, your family is HILARIOUS! I love the synchronized swimming and the american idol. I sure hope you guys won the contest!

Bethany said...

I love the new church outfit - I believe puffy blouses are "in." Good to see you guys!

Missy said...

Can I borrow that cute green jacket if you are going to be putting it away until next year? So cute.

What happened to New Years Eve at your house??!! I never heard from you again. Boo. Next time you are down we are going to GS at least two times together.

ashley said...

thanks for the carli quotes, those are classic!

next time you are in ca we have to get together, maybe with missy and her girls?

Sarah said...

That 'nothing' comment from Carli is hilarious- and so true! We had so much fun with you and Zac this break. Thanks for all of the laughs. We need to have a Pictionary rematch when you guys come back down. At least my team won on New Years Eve- I think you went 0 for 3 for the break! Miss you!!!

emcghee said...

Hey Becky, it's Erin (Woffinden) I loved looking at the pictures of all you guys. Tell Holly she needs to start a blog! The part about Carli and the Kraft singles wrappers cracks me up! GEEEEZ

S.A.S. said...

I LOVE CARLI! Gosh Bex, I laugh almost to tears with Carli's hilariousness. Of course she adores you - I love the image of her running to change after seeing your ensemble. Your hair is absolutely adorable. When did you cut it??

My phone was missing for 5 days, but now is back! Granted, the charger doesn't work, so I have to talk in the car... but I finally got your message and can't wait to catch up. Miss you!

Lillie said...

That picture of you in your church clothes??? It's depressing to me really, to think there are people like you who get to look so FABULOUS at church. I don't even get up early to get ready any more. I just choose between my two staple sunday outfits (both surprisingly unhip) and put baby powder in my Friday-washed hair. It just seemed like all the time and energy didn't help me. But if I looked like that in a pencil skirt.....