Saturday, August 18, 2007

Highlight at Cheesecake Factory

Tonight I got to deliver a diamond ring on a platter with candles and rose pedals to a girl at one of my tables who was getting proposed to. Instead of delivering the cheesecake they ordered I got the ring from the guy's sister and gave it to the future bride. I felt so important and part of the action. It was pretty cute though because the guy was so nervous through out the whole dinner. He couldn't eat and the girl kept asking what was wrong with him. She had no idea.
Well, that is the cool stuff I get to do at my awesome job. Totally kidding, most days it is quite anti-climatic. In fact often times I have break-downs because I have such an unfulfilling job. What do I really do that is of any worth at that place? I know, I make our nation more obeise, so sad. J/K Someone's gotta do the dirty work, it may as well be me. I have to remind myself that I am putting Zacchy-Zac through medical school. It is almost 2:00 am, I better go to bed now.

7 comments:

Lacy said...

Becky-

I just caught up on your blog- it had been awhile- seeing as how I can only get on the computor while Joseph is locked up in his high chair. I love reading about your life! Waitressing at cheesecake factory sounds much more glamorous than "stay at home mom". And I too have frequent breakdowns about "my work". Interestingly, I also bring people food all day long. At least your people don't yell and scream and throw food (hopefully). J/K - it't not THAT bad but some days it feels like that.

S.A.S. said...

Becky, you were part of a couples big day! How exciting!! I love that he was so nervous...
And some of us love food as a pleasure of life, not just an obesity encourager. It's been way too long since I've been to Cheesecake Factory, but when I go, it's going to be BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad or Chicken Madiera, lots of brown bread and maybe the avocado egg rolls as an appetizer. I rarely have room for the cheesecake... but the Banana Cream has been my fav for a while.

I think your job makes people happy, which is very very important. I'm going to figure out how to come see you...

ashley said...

ok so cool that you got to give a girl her ring. my brother in law proposed to luke's sister that way!

love the ikea stuff and how in 7 short years you will get it all. we do that all the time!

Missy said...

You are so funny Becky.

No really, I love CF - I've told Devin that's where I want my bday dinner (yes, it's three months away). You work at a great place!

Anonymous said...

What a nice wife....putting your husband through medical school! He is so lucky to have such a supportive spouse. You're definitely all grown up now. I finally believe it ;).

Jill M said...

Becky,
If you knew how much I loved the Cheesecake Factory you would know that your job is important.
I worked at a Cheescake Factory once in Denver for 4 whole days. I made it through training and then got a massage job my first day shadowing!!!!!
Plus you are such a great wife....think of the future when you will be sitting at a restaurant and Zach will have the server deliver a "my wife put my through med school and know I make lots of $$, ring".
That will be a great day!!!

Lillie said...

It could be worse-- you could be hawking at people while they're trying to vacation- tricking them into attending a time-share presentation. I remember those feelings so well. And I NEVER got to help some cute nervous boy propose.