Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Can I have your number?

This is the first boy to ask me for my number since I've been married. He was five years old and had a mohawk. He came into Cheesecake Factory with his family. He asked me if I was the 'real Cheesecake Factory Princess". "Of course I am," I said. He got all embarrased and put his sweatshirt over his head. Through out the meal he was not eating, but busy coloring on a piece of paper. Turns out he was drawing a picture of me. It had a picture of a princess and it said, "to Becky, The Real Cheesecake Factory Princess." His parents asked me if I would take a picture with him. On their way out he gave me his artwork he drew and asked me, "can I have your number?" His dad was so embarresed, he didn't know what to say. I told him I didn't think my husband would like me to give my number out to other men. He didn't get it and asked the same question again, "can I have your number?" At this point his dad just said, "I am sorry, I promise I didn't teach him that" and tried to push him towards the exit. I found it a bit amusing, borderline awkward. It made work a little more entertaining today to say the least.

7 comments:

Rae said...

Hey Becky-
Confession: I've been lurking on your blog so I thought it was about time to say hello!
We grew up in the stake and I always knew you/your family. I grew up in the Foothill Ranch ward. My brother Brad and your sister Sara(h?) were friends.
Anyway, I just wanted to say hey and tell you I think your blog is hysterical! I was literally laughing out loud a few weeks ago at your post about all the mishaps at work (calling someone's husband their dad, mentioning a husband to a lesbian, hahaha, I crack up just thinking about it.)
Anyway, do you mind if I add your link onto my blog?
Have a great day!

Rae said...

PS I'm lame and totally neglected to say my name is Rachel Hope!

Meggan said...

Becky! You have such funny work stories. Where could a 5 year old learn to ask a girl for their number???

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

wait, so did you decide if you are coming to midwestern tomorrow for the halloween thingy? just say 'yes' and meet me there! see yaa tonight.

Wendy said...

That's hilarious. I think you should have given him your number. I don't think Zac would have cared if a 5 year old called you. Besides, it would have made a great sequel to the story! Way to keep us all entertained!!!

Missy said...

That is SO funny. You seriously have the best work experiences. The Cheesecake Factory Princess??

ashley said...

classic! i love the funny things that come out of kids mouths, that is so funny. i would have told him my number was 7 or something, just to not let the little ladies man feel rejected.