Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Halloween Fun




We went to our ward Halloween party tonight. Zac was a pirate and I was a doctor. So orignal, I know. We kind of didn't really think about what to be until this afternoon. Zac actually went to Savers by himself and put his costume together. I was quite impressed.
Zac signed up to be on traffic control for parking at the church. I don't know, does anyone think that sounds a little wierd to have a person assigned to directing traffic at a ward function? When he told me, I started cracking up. I thought it was a joke. He didn't think it was strange at all. So he was worried he was late when we showed up at 6:40. As we drove into the church I noticed everyone seemed to be parking just fine with out him. Zac was oblivious, just focusing on getting to where he needed to be. He quickly parked the car and hurrued in. Sure enough he reported to the man in charge and he had no idea what Zac was talking about. He said they had the parking under control and they didn't need him. I think someone played a prank on him. Who would do that to my poor, willing husband? Whoever it was, kudos, it was pretty funny. So we had a great time watching all the kids in their costumes, eating hot dogs and getting cotton candy. I am starting to really enjoy this holiday.
Bottom line= Zac really will do anything you ask him to, no questions asked. I have to be careful not to take advantage of such a sweet characteristic.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Seriously so ugly, Zac! That costume is awesome and I'm very impressed that you put it together on your own. A doctor, Becky? Really? You're better than that! The story about the parking is hilarious!

S.A.S. said...

Arrrrrrr
You nailed it Zac - parking guy/pirate. Bex, you make a hot Dr. I'm sure the ward was thrilled to have people dress up (sometimes there are a lot of cop outs).

And I will see you next Saturday morning Bex. Yes, that's right.

Missy said...

I thought you were a dental hygenist. And Zac's costume is...incredible. He did it himself? KUDOS - for both costume and church diligence.

Jennie said...

I dunno, they having parking traffic directors for HUGE church events, but I haven't heard of one for Halloween. Unless it was for the trunk or treat portion of it.

I loved his teeth! You two looked so cute together on Wed.

Wendy said...

Ha, ha, ha...I loved the pirate costume! I thought it was hilarious. Can I borrow the teeth over Thanksgiving? Just kidding! At least you guys dressed up. Derek and I were party-poopers at our ward party.